RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a new Laramie but also have a cattle dog with sharp claws. The leather did ok at first but I see my first scratch. Any suggestions for rear seat covers? I may just have him ride on the fold down platform.

Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've had a set of cover kings I bought off of Costco.com. If you don't like them or they wear out to fast they will take them back no question. Mine fit like a glove and looked great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello, I have a new Laramie but also have a cattle dog with sharp claws. The leather did ok at first but I see my first scratch. Any suggestions for rear seat covers? I may just have him ride on the fold down platform.

Thanks
I have a 90 pound lab that rides with me a lot of the time, he rides on the fold down platform it seems like the way to go it doesn't mess up my seats and he doesn't have as far to jump up and down to get in and out.

·
Registered
127 Posts
While at Wal-MArt looking for the DEF found the Dickies heavy duty covers for $16.00 each. Have had them on for almost 2 months and they are holding up pretty well. Seem to be made of a tough Cordura nylon we use a ton of in the emergency services. Loved the Carhartts but they seemed pricey...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just a useless bit of info: laramie rearseats are covered in vinyl.
Limited and longhorn have rear leather.
They may be more durable in vinyl , im guessing cleaning should be easier!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Poolman 863
I have a crew cab with a fold down which I utilize for my Retreiver.
Do you put anything down to protect the backs of the front seats etc from hair?
I am looking for something like a hammock that would cover the whole area back there from wet dog and hair.
???

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a set of the Wet Okoleys sitting in the box. I will report after I install them this weekend. As for my dog I put the rear bench up and use the fold out platform. She is very happy with that setup and it's a lower jump into the back.

·
Retired Admin
4,559 Posts

Thanks
Have used the Heritage cover for the back seat of my Sierra Denali for two years and also have one in the Outback. With two borders collies no issues. You can find on Amazon. I will reuse in the Outdoorsman when it gets here. Won't help protect those front seat backs though.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Has anyone tried the Cabela's Trail Gear seat covers? The material is decent and the price is low ... but on the rear split bench of the crew cab I can't get the cover to slide down the seat back. Is it worth cutting to make it fit?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a set of the Wet Okoleys sitting in the box. I will report after I install them this weekend. As for my dog I put the rear bench up and use the fold out platform. She is very happy with that setup and it's a lower jump into the back.
What do you use to cover fold out platform and back of front seats from hair and wet?

·
Registered
7 Posts
On the platform I just cut up some extra rug. For now I have a towel covering the underside of the bench.
As far as I can see there is nothing out there for us when we fold out the platform once the back seat is deployed up?
I guess I will just make something home grown or go down to a guy that makes custom boat covers and see if he can come up with something made of water proof canvas etc.

tks and ways cattledog!

Cheers

·
Registered
200 Posts
DSC03309 (1280x719).jpg Here are my Wet Okole neoprene seat covers installed. Full piping. I think they are a pretty good fit. Took me about 90 minutes to get them installed right. Color match to diesel grey is perfect.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have a set of custom hattchie bottom neoprene seat covers but take them out over summer when not hunting season. I then use this mud river cover when the dog is with in the summer and takes a min to take out when people are riding with.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts