RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been following posts on failures and build date correlation. Overall, seems that total number of major problems, compared to vehicles out there, is much in line with what is to be expected. I havn't seen any real tabulations except general trend of '14 and Canada. I looked at my build date and it says 9/13. Is that possible? Is that a "pre-production" date? Does anyone have any knowledge of how these have fared?

·
Registered
663 Posts
looks like possibly a '14 built in the last part of '13. much like a '16 that is built today will have date of 12/15.

·
Registered
583 Posts
That's probably in line with the first deliveries in April, 2014. I doubt FCA would identify the first EcoD VIN to know exactly how "early" yours might be.

·
Vendor
1,259 Posts
Official production for the Ram's 2014 model year didn't start until late January/early Feb of 2014.

If you have your dealer run the VIN 1C6******ES100225, you'll likely see a sales code for pre-series/production or "fast feedback" listed. Probably some executive drove the truck before official launch, then turned it in for another one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
it was probably used as a training/test car for sales/service area and resold as a certified pre-owned. Look at carfax it might tell you

I once bought a 2 year old BMW convertible with 1600miles and price was good. come to find out it was a service training vehicle so the option was very odd(in a good way) looked like they tore apart some parts put them back together...aesthetically it looked good. but it sure doesn't give you the warm and fuzzy lol

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Yeah, I don't see the month.
Thanks! A question somehow related to this post, if you can be so kind. I was looking for the built date on my truck, and I couldn't find it. On the driver door pillar, I can see the tire information, but that's it. On the inside of the hood, I can see the epa info, which statesthe vehicle complains to emissions as of may 2015. Would that be the built date?

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Still, a 2013 is before they started production of the orders. Mine was ordered that morning they opened up orders. I took delivery in early March so it had to be built sometime in February 2014.

Now there may have been some made before that used as dealer stock or pre-"whatever" as earlier mentioned.

It's an early, early one. That might be a good thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts