RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any one sees any issues or has suggestions I am wide open. This is basically going to be my everyday car with the ability to take it fishing and camping on the weekends - at least the weekends when I am not using it for yard work. I keep my cars a long time and I am going with the Diesel for the better gas mileage.

RAM 1500 LARAMIE CREW CAB 4X4 5'7" BOX
Maximum Steel Metallic Clear Coat Exterior Paint $0
Black Interior Color

OPTIONS

Leather-Trimmed 40 / 20 / 40 Bench Seat $0
8-Speed TorqueFlite Auto Trans 8HP70 $0
3.0-Liter V6 Turbo Diesel Engine $2,850
Uconnect® 8.4AN AM/FM/BT/ACCESS/NAV $500
17-Inch x 7.0-Inch Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels [-$500]
Remote Start System $200
Front and Rear Rubber Floor Mats $80
ParkSense® Front / Rear Park Assist System $395
Rear Window Defroster $150
Spray-In Bedliner $475
Wheel to Wheel Side Steps $600
RamBox® Cargo Management System $1,295
Air Suspension, 4-Corner $1,695
Protection Group $150
Convenience Group $495
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle $325
Engine Block Heater $90
Trailer Brake Control $230
Total Options $9,030

I have access to Chrysler Affiliate rewards program so hopefully that will get me down to a better price. Sure seemed like the incentives were a lot better a couple of months ago.

Fred

·
Registered
189 Posts
I hope this truck is just right for you and the best you've ever owned.I may be a little biased cause it's almost identical to what I've ordered,even the color.I didn't get boxes,or protection group though as I didn't need them and wanted to keep weight down(truck) as much as possible.Maybe if I'd kept my weight down a little I would of gotten those options.Have you seen a Ram in this color?Not too many out there but they are beautiful with the chrome accent parts.Good luck

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
A nice package indeed. Also not all that different from what I ordered. I'm not into dark colors, though.

I wonder if you really need the Wheel-to-Wheel Side Steps with Air Suspension. The steps weigh 62 lbs.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I didn't get the park assist front and back but now wish I would of. Same with the air suspension. I didn't get he ram box either due to weight and went without steps. I didn't do the air suspension thinking I will put a 6 inch lift on mine with some 35 tires in the future.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Hurry up with your order. The next allocations open tomorrow. If you miss it.. it will be another month.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw on one of the videos from RAM that these Side Steps give a little better gas mileage. I also have a short family :).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MSRP is about 55,525. True car says I should pay about 47,232. I think you have to add tax, title and registration to that. I don't think I am getting out the door for 47-48 unless someone knows something I don't.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was originally thinking of getting the Granite after I saw it sitting next to a Black one. Then I saw a Maximum Steel one sitting next the Granite and I really liked the Maximum Steel better. In person it sure doesn't look anything like what they have on the RAM site (at least on my computer).

I went back and forth on the Rambox mostly because I was thinking of getting a Diamondback-X cover to go on it and the Rambox doesn't work with it. After some more thought I figured I would get more use out of the Rambox as I like to carry a bunch of crap with me wherever I go. :)

Dan

·
Registered
168 Posts
True car is a site that the dealers pay to get leads. They are only looking at incentives taken off msrp. I would talk to several dealers and let them fight to earn your business. I am at ~$8k under msrp before any incentives. Msrp for my truck is $51k I was able to get the dealer down to $42-$43 before tax, title and any incentives I do know that I am currently eligible for $2500. So that would bring me down to $39,500-$40,500 plus any other incentives that MAY come along at delivery. I have a really good guy if you want his info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow. I didn't know that's how it worked. That said the dealer said they were busy until Saturday and I was busy then so I was going to go in on Monday. I suppose if I wanted to I go to the other dealer across town. I have to think they are all pretty competitive so I could get just a similar price. The thing is I would be getting my truck serviced at the first place.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I went to four dealers and got a quote for trade and ordering. I then played each dealer against each other. The one that fought the hardest got my business. I was also able to go from 12k trade on my 09 ram up to $15750!
I am buying the truck from a dealer WAY across town and I will bring it to my usual dealer for service. They are not going to give me pour service because I did not buy my truck from them They provide excellent service because they know they will atleast make some money there.

·
Registered
189 Posts
A nice package indeed. Also not all that different from what I ordered. I'm not into dark colors, though.

I wonder if you really need the Wheel-to-Wheel Side Steps with Air Suspension. The steps weigh 62 lbs.
Just what I thought about the steps.Even if the truck isn't lowered to exit/entry mode,getting in is much easier then my 12 Express.60 lbs and $600 saved without them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts