RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2018 with 14000 kms and during two cold snaps of -30 Celsius it threw that code twice, it was sitting outside plugged in and I also have it’s sports bra on for the winter ... I called the dealer to see if they had seen this before, but they said they hadn’t. I’m lucky enough to be able to fit her in my heated garage over night, erased the codes and they never came back.

Now the other day during the warm weather, she, actually her name is “Christine” those of you old enough to remember that movie will know what I’m talking about, decided to throw “invalid data receives from TCM” at me, I just erased it and went on my way, never came back. I call her Christine for obvious reasons related to the movie, but also all of the incidents that have happened, always happened to my wife when she was driving the truck 🤣

Coming from a 2015 Ecodiesel owner which threw numerous DTC’s at me during my three years of ownership and dieing on me while leaving for a weekend camping trip, I was really hoping that my 2018 model of of been different, oh well live and learn I guess ....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had this issue June 30, 2018 while pulling a trailer from California to Utah. Previous issues were 6 shop visits for CELs followed by "the one" that lead to this. Symptoms prior to it were no power to take off until getting to about 15 mph. While doing freeway speeds, message popped on dash with truck quickly dropping down to 40 mph max and barely climbing up overpass grades. Btw, I have a 2014 EcoDiesel 1500 Laramie 4X4. Found a Hotel that allowed me to park it for the night until I could return to get it the next morning. I was travelling with 2 other vehicles so we kept on going for the night as we were 3 hours from our destination. Took to Spanish Fork Utah RAM dealer and Service Writer Ryan got me in and diagnosed it to be my EGR(s) and EGR Cooler. In the end it actually turned out to be the complete EGR system had to be replaced and I had to get a Claims Manager from FCA to get involved to get it fixed. Happy to state, no issues and 30.000 miles later is running fine except for seemingly a power loss on take off after the AEM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Depends. See what the dealer says. Hopefully you still have a warranty. You don't have that many miles on it.

After talking to GDE numerous times they said that their tune would take care of virtually all of these nuisance codes. They were correct. Been driving mine now for nearly 9 months with no issues after installing GDE.
Can I ask what GDE stands for?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Can I ask what GDE stands for?
Green Diesel Engineering. They had what I considered the best tune out there for getting an EcoDiesel to run correctly. Unfortunately, the EPA raided them and for the most part shut them down. So goes for the other tuning shops too. I do see that Sofa King Tuned is still selling a tune though. https://www.sofakingtuned.com/store/p10/SFTECU.html#/
Green Diesel website says "sold out" (as it has for a couple of weeks now). Not sure how Sofa can sell and GDE can't. https://www.greendieselengineering.com/Engine-Tune/Chrysler-Jeep/Ram/GDE/Ram-1500-EcoDiesel-Hot-Tune/2_37.action

·
Registered
3 Posts
Added the pedal commander to my 2014 and it made a huge difference in response time. Mileage seems to be going up also. Well worth the money. One trick, add the commander to your cart, then wait a day. You'll get an email with a coupon worth $50 off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a issue with my 2016 Eco-diesel. I lost acceleration at points in my driving and then got a message " Service Electronic Throttle Control " I have 113000 km on my vehicle so warranty is up by 13000 km. Dealership said it was going to be a $4800.00 fix. Contacted Dodge to see if they could do anything of coarse the answer was "NO". Even though the soot must have been building up before the light came on. I would like to know how many people this has happened to. This should be a recall cause it is a safety concern if your vehicle fails to accelerate in an intersection this could become a deadly situation.

If you have gotten the "Service Electronic Throttle Control" or are starting to lose power while driving please comment
I have a issue with my 2016 Eco-diesel. I lost acceleration at points in my driving and then got a message " Service Electronic Throttle Control " I have 113000 km on my vehicle so warranty is up by 13000 km. Dealership said it was going to be a $4800.00 fix. Contacted Dodge to see if they could do anything of coarse the answer was "NO". Even though the soot must have been building up before the light came on. I would like to know how many people this has happened to. This should be a recall cause it is a safety concern if your vehicle fails to accelerate in an intersection this could become a deadly situation.

If you have gotten the "Service Electronic Throttle Control" or are starting to lose power while driving please comment
Did u end up finding out what was wrong my parents are stranded right now and having a heck of a time. They had the same thing go wrong and the dealership is giving them the run around.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Did u end up finding out what was wrong my parents are stranded right now and having a heck of a time. They had the same thing go wrong and the dealership is giving them the run around.
I was having a problem with this. I changed the battery and everything has been hunky dory since.

·
Registered
74 Posts
have had the same thing. my truck has been in the shop for almost 4 months now. dodge customer care was crap and after throwing all sorts of parts i called today and they think they have figured it out. Boost Pressure Sensor. they say it is fixed and Ill see what happens. My truck has new injectors, new def injector, new fuel pressure regulator and every hose tighten and checked lol

·
Registered
491 Posts
have had the same thing. my truck has been in the shop for almost 4 months now. dodge customer care was crap and after throwing all sorts of parts i called today and they think they have figured it out. Boost Pressure Sensor. they say it is fixed and Ill see what happens. My truck has new injectors, new def injector, new fuel pressure regulator and every hose tighten and checked lol
Won't fix it. It sounds like you have a truck like mine, except GDE fixed all of my issues.
Dealership put $9000 in parts in mine before I finally got the GDE tune and went on my merry way.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mine came on with this message when I forgot to tighten the battery terminals. Went away after I tightened. I may have reset the codes, not sure, been a while.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts