RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I sincerely apologize for the trouble, @RamDog. Please be sure to keep us posted on your situation. If you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer or if they experience a part delay, I am more than happy to escalate a case on your behalf for further support. Our team is just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares
Thanks,
Update- they have had my truck now for 2 weeks and thought it was the EGR. With the new ones (2- to be exact ) the truck won’t even start. So now they have put the old one back in to get it to start. At this point I very little confidence in this eco diesel and they have no clue what is going on with it. At this point I’m just hoping to get out of this truck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got mine back from the Dealer on Fri July 24th. (Bought my 2020 on July 4th). They replaced the following:

1) Sensor -Map
2) Heater/C0-EGR Tube
3) Gasket-EGR Tube
4)Tube-EGR Tube
5) O Ring
6)) Tube-Vacuum

Tech replace Boost Pressure Sensor, EGR Cooler and Vacuum Hoses.

Codes: P0106, P26FB & P00AF, Failure of EGR Cooler and Boost Sensor.

I drove it about a 100 miles towing my Travel Trailer and thankfully never had an issue.

I’m not sure if this is an issue or not but my DEF gauge is still on full. It hasn’t moved at all. When I started have all of the Service Electronic Throttle issues, my gas mileage dropped down into the teens and my RAM was gulping down my DEF. I’m not sure what normal should be as this is my first Diesel.

Hope my truck has no further issues. We have no long trips with the Travel Trailer scheduled for another 8 months, only a few local short drives till then.

Hopefully they figure your problems out soon. Very frustrating and irritating to say the least!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just got stranded yesterday in 112 degree heat with this “Service Electronic Throttle Control” Error and immediate loss of power on the freeway. I limped back into town going about 40 miles per hour and stopped at the first stop light where the truck Wouldn’t accelerate so I pulled off the road and turned the engine off. No fluid leakage and all gauges were normal in the dash. I recently, about 6 weeks ago, had the updated AEM fix for acceleration problems but the dealer didn’t do the EGR cooler recall because they had no parts. Anyway I waited in the heat for 2 hours for the tow truck and had them tow it back to the same dealer. I’m at 102,000 miles and still am under the extended AEM warranty so praying it’s the EGR cooler or related and it is covered. Something was burning from under the truck after I pulled off the road. Any help you guys could give me on this issue would be very appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a issue with my 2016 Eco-diesel. I lost acceleration at points in my driving and then got a message " Service Electronic Throttle Control " I have 113000 km on my vehicle so warranty is up by 13000 km. Dealership said it was going to be a $4800.00 fix. Contacted Dodge to see if they could do anything of coarse the answer was "NO". Even though the soot must have been building up before the light came on. I would like to know how many people this has happened to. This should be a recall cause it is a safety concern if your vehicle fails to accelerate in an intersection this could become a deadly situation.

If you have gotten the "Service Electronic Throttle Control" or are starting to lose power while driving please comment
Having the same issue with my 2014 Ecodiesel today! Not very happy! Anyone have any other solutions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got stranded yesterday in 112 degree heat in Nevada with this “Service Electronic Throttle Control” Error and immediate loss of power on the freeway. I limped back into town going about 40 miles per hour and stopped at the first stop light where the truck Wouldn’t accelerate so I pulled off the road and turned the engine off. No fluid leakage and all gauges were normal in the dash. I recently, about 6 weeks ago, had the updated AEM fix for acceleration problems but the dealer didn’t do the EGR cooler recall because they had no parts. Anyway I waited in the heat for 2 hours for the tow truck and had them tow it back to the same dealer. I’m at 102,000 miles and still am under the extended AEM warranty so praying it’s the EGR cooler or related and it is covered. Something was burning from under the truck after I pulled off the road. Any help you guys could give me on this issue would be very appreciated!
Have you learned anything further?

Having the same problem today in Provo, Utah area

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes i just came back Here to update my status.
It’s taken them 2 weeks to diagnose a failed turbo and EGR cooler. I had to get ahold of Chrysler because my dealer blew me off and left me in the dark, not answering or returning any of my calls or voicemails for almost 2 weeks. Chrysler got us on a conference call where my service rep was rude and completely clueless on who was going to pay for the repairs. I explained my truck is still under ARM warranty and those parts are covered. She then tried to argue with me and the Chrysler rep said yeah it’s covered under V08. Anyway they told me it’s going to take 2 more weeks for my to get my truck back. The good news it’s it’s all covered, and I’ll keep this updated.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts