RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello I am having the same situation on my 2015 model. The fca isn’t giving out any kind of help with this issue like the 2014 model!! I love my truck but it shit on me today on the way to work and just cut off in middle of the road
Hi @Gregbowen - Please do not hesitate to follow up with our customer care team for further support in addressing the concerns that you are experiencing. You may call in at 866-726-4636 or submit your info here to receive an email follow up. Email Ram

Mark
RamCares

·
Registered
3 Posts
This just happened to my 2019 with 170miles on it. Only went through a quarter tank of fuel. Not a good start.
I have you beat, I got my new 2020 with 38 miles on it yesterday, got to 94 miles today while in Old Saybrook CT and the error code came on while bucking a few times. I didn't have a permanent loss of power (was able to drive home 10 miles without any more bucking but it is going to get towed in the morning when I call the dealer. This is starting to sound more like a recall/class action at this point. My vin ends in 207708. My def is full and my range says I still have 400 miles left on my 26 gal tank.

Shango

·
Registered
35 Posts
My 2016 with 61,000 miles just had similar symptoms while towing our 4,000 camper trailer. Got "Service Electronic Throttle" briefly, then Check Engine Light. Lost most of the power, but was able to make it to the next campground, which was within tow range of a dealer. I pulled the code: P00AF (turbo). I attempted to reset the code, but CEL stayed on. Next morning, the Turbo seemed to be working, so we made it back to town, about 200 miles.

At the Chattanooga dealer, with trailer in tow, the service writer pulled the same code, and said to come back later in the week. When I returned, the service writer and service manager insisted on a $75 evaluation fee. I told them it was still in factory Powertrain Warranty for another month and the AEM warranty for years. They said, well we don't know if its covered by those two warranties. I said yes you do. You pulled the P00AF on Monday and that's turbo. When I asked to call Chrysler, they finally relented, and I signed nothing. I should have walked out, but I've been coming here for years.

·
Registered
2020 Ram Limited Ecodiesel, 2015 Ram Laramie Longhorn Ecodiesel 93,000miles
38 Posts
I have you beat, I got my new 2020 with 38 miles on it yesterday, got to 94 miles today while in Old Saybrook CT and the error code came on while bucking a few times. I didn't have a permanent loss of power (was able to drive home 10 miles without any more bucking but it is going to get towed in the morning when I call the dealer. This is starting to sound more like a recall/class action at this point. My vin ends in 207708. My def is full and my range says I still have 400 miles left on my 26 gal tank.

Shango
I'm right with you here in Southern California with a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited. It looks more like a major recall to me. At the 300 mile mark, lost 60% power on highway. Service Throttle AND Engine light came on. Two trips to dealership service they've replaced a crushed Gas Exhaust Temp Sensor, replaced a faulty DPF filter, replaced EGR cooler tube and tightened multiple loose fittings. Picked up the truck on Oct 26th, drove 10 miles, engine light back on. Truck remains at dealership, waiting on call back from Chrysler. Mind you, I'm on the phone every 3 hours trying to get help from @RamCares. So far, all they've been doing is apologizing, letting me know they understand and once I got an email telling me my truck was being serviced at the dealership. Unfortunately, with no solid resolve topped off with dismal communication to me as an owner and the dealership, feel like FCA has backed me in to a corner...calling a lawyer on Friday, Oct 30th. Bummer, 'cause I really loved the truck. But it's flaws make it unreliable and therefore, unsafe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm right with you here in Southern California with a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited. It looks more like a major recall to me. At the 300 mile mark, lost 60% power on highway. Service Throttle AND Engine light came on. Two trips to dealership service they've replaced a crushed Gas Exhaust Temp Sensor, replaced a faulty DPF filter, replaced EGR cooler tube and tightened multiple loose fittings. Picked up the truck on Oct 26th, drove 10 miles, engine light back on. Truck remains at dealership, waiting on call back from Chrysler. Mind you, I'm on the phone every 3 hours trying to get help from @RamCares. So far, all they've been doing is apologizing, letting me know they understand and once I got an email telling me my truck was being serviced at the dealership. Unfortunately, with no solid resolve topped off with dismal communication to me as an owner and the dealership, feel like FCA has backed me in to a corner...calling a lawyer on Friday, Oct 30th. Bummer, 'cause I really loved the truck. But it's flaws make it unreliable and therefore, unsafe.
On mine the dealer told me they routed some wires incorrectly and they got chewed up underneath. Got truck towed to dealer on Thursday, part had to come from Boston, arrived and fixed on Saturday. I can feel the tranny or engine when goin up a grade now though, I don't recall it when I did the test drive but that was mostly flat. Going to test drive a 2021 with the same exact specs and see if it has the same issue and just the way it feels or if something broke when the tranny was bucking.

·
Registered
38 Posts
On mine the dealer told me they routed some wires incorrectly and they got chewed up underneath. Got truck towed to dealer on Thursday, part had to come from Boston, arrived and fixed on Saturday. I can feel the tranny or engine when goin up a grade now though, I don't recall it when I did the test drive but that was mostly flat. Going to test drive a 2021 with the same exact specs and see if it has the same issue and just the way it feels or if something broke when the tranny was bucking.
Hmmm. Would be interested in your feedback on the 2021 comparison. I didn't feel tranny or engine drag when I went up grades on the two stupid times I was even able to drive my truck. Next week I get the final / final; either it's resolved or it's a Lemon. I'll update when details come in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Regarding my P00AF, the tech concluded it was an intermittent short at the connection to the turbo actuator. Says it's repaired. Back at full power and no CEL. We'll see. No charge.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Regarding my P00AF, the tech concluded it was an intermittent short at the connection to the turbo actuator. Says it's repaired. Back at full power and no CEL. We'll see. No charge.
Ok. Well I guess that sort of thing can happen...Appreciate the update. Maybe at some point check back here and let us know how things are holding up; good or bad. 'Cause we're hopin' it's all good. Until then, enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
3 Posts
All you have to do is search and read this forum or google it. Hundreds of posts about this issue. P0299 code is most common. The "Service Electronic Throttle Control" is like having a headache but then finding out you have brain cancer and have a week to live.
I hate to agree with you, but that's exactly how I feel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a issue with my 2016 Eco-diesel. I lost acceleration at points in my driving and then got a message " Service Electronic Throttle Control " I have 113000 km on my vehicle so warranty is up by 13000 km. Dealership said it was going to be a $4800.00 fix. Contacted Dodge to see if they could do anything of coarse the answer was "NO". Even though the soot must have been building up before the light came on. I would like to know how many people this has happened to. This should be a recall cause it is a safety concern if your vehicle fails to accelerate in an intersection this could become a deadly situation.

If you have gotten the "Service Electronic Throttle Control" or are starting to lose power while driving please comment
I'm having the same issue. It just recently came on and don't drive it. Before this, the check engine light would confe on n go off, but it still drove fine. The Regen needed light thing came on and I had to drive it fast for like 1 minute. Luckily, I was on thr freeway so doing that wasn't a problem. I have 131k miles but it drives great... or did. I have a second car or I'd run it into the ground. Called the dealer and there are 2 recalls on it. They said neither are the cause for this problem. The truck does run in this limp mode but who the hell wants that. I called FCA and they were no help, but they acted like they were. I asked if they could just buy the POS back so I could just be done with Dodge n dodge diesel. I had a 2003 2500 and it ran great. I had 381k miles on it when I sold it. This problem is something that be a recall. I really hope they get sued or have a class action lawsuit... someone could get really hurt or killed because of this and this pisses me off. I'm taking it in tomorrow but I don't wanna chase all these warning lights at $200 each to find out that it's something really simple. I bought my own code reader n got this

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry, I hit the wrong button. Some pictures may be doubled but I don't wanna screw up again.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a issue with my 2016 Eco-diesel. I lost acceleration at points in my driving and then got a message " Service Electronic Throttle Control " I have 113000 km on my vehicle so warranty is up by 13000 km. Dealership said it was going to be a $4800.00 fix. Contacted Dodge to see if they could do anything of coarse the answer was "NO". Even though the soot must have been building up before the light came on. I would like to know how many people this has happened to. This should be a recall cause it is a safety concern if your vehicle fails to accelerate in an intersection this could become a deadly situation.

If you have gotten the "Service Electronic Throttle Control" or are starting to lose power while driving please comment
I have this same problem going on. My truck has been to the dealership 30+ times and still no fix, and I’ve only had the truck for 6 months

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have this same problem going on. My truck has been to the dealership 30+ times and still no fix, and I’ve only had the truck for 6 months
Just lemon it if you bought it new, you should have passed the mark for that awhile ago.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Yes this happen to me last night I was at a red light and tried to take off and my truck just was as slow as a turtle wouldn’t go over 10 mph

81 - 94 of 94 Posts