RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a issue with my 2016 Eco-diesel. I lost acceleration at points in my driving and then got a message " Service Electronic Throttle Control " I have 113000 km on my vehicle so warranty is up by 13000 km. Dealership said it was going to be a $4800.00 fix. Contacted Dodge to see if they could do anything of coarse the answer was "NO". Even though the soot must have been building up before the light came on. I would like to know how many people this has happened to. This should be a recall cause it is a safety concern if your vehicle fails to accelerate in an intersection this could become a deadly situation.

If you have gotten the "Service Electronic Throttle Control" or are starting to lose power while driving please comment
Last night driving on the freeway my truck started acting crazy. Wanting to die. I almost wrecked getting off the freeway. It was jerking. Trying to die. Revving up. Check engine light came on . Also the two lights for the tire traction / no spin tires. Came on. Then Service electronic throttle control. And service electronic braking system started flashing on the screen. My truck is a 2017 Ram 1500 with 3.6 L motor. I have 40,000 miles on it. It was running great. No warning signs at all. Now I’m starting to freak out after reading all the horror stories. I am going to take it to the dealership in the morning

·
Super Moderator
3,652 Posts
Chris, when you go to the fuel station do you put gasoline in your 3.6 liter engine truck or diesel fuel like the rest of us here on the ram1500diesel forum?

·
Registered
2 Posts
With all of these problems has any one wrote the Better Business Bureau? I have recently purchased a 2015 eco diesel. Just got the same problems today.

·
Registered
2020 Ram Limited Ecodiesel, 2015 Ram Laramie Longhorn Ecodiesel 93,000miles
48 Posts
With all of these problems has any one wrote the Better Business Bureau? I have recently purchased a 2015 eco diesel. Just got the same problems today.
You've got homework.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts