RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am battling this same issue right now. Service electronic throttle, running in limp mode.

Truck was tuned around 65k by previous owner, I'm now around 92k. So far I've cleaned MAP sensor, cleaned EGR crossover tube, replaced fuel filter, checked frame harness and checked the harness right above the brake pedal.

Average speed of the truck is 43 MPH, and my Blackstone oil sample came back perfect 2k miles ago.

Zero codes on ECU.

What else should I try?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi: j98... It's hard to try a dose of Hot Shots Secret Diesel Extreme in a tank full of fuel while in "Limp mode"!!! The least it could do is clean your injectors.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.
I'll give it a try, I ran the recommended dosage 2000 miles ago. Was planning to run another dose at 2500 per the bottle recommendations.

Truck still starts fine but is way down on power. Did notice the filter I pulled out was definitely not a OEM unit.

Truck is down to half a tank from filling up last Tuesday, ive never let it get much if at all below quarter tank.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'll give it a try, I ran the recommended dosage 2000 miles ago. Was planning to run another dose at 2500 per the bottle recommendations.

Truck still starts fine but is way down on power. Did notice the filter I pulled out was definitely not a OEM unit.

Truck is down to half a tank from filling up last Tuesday, ive never let it get much if at all below quarter tank.
Guys, Here's an update.

I used a blue driver OBD tool to scan for codes, of which there were none.

It has an option to 'clear all modules' which I hit.

Restarted the truck and the message was gone, put on 300 miles so far with no issues.

Filter on the left may have been my issue - totally my fault for not checking it out earlier.

Good luck OP!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts