RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, first time posting here so I’ll try and do my best to explain what happened.

So, I have a 2014 Ram Eco Diesel with about 130K on it. I brought it in to get it serviced at the Ram/Chrysler dealership here in town. When I dropped it off I informed them I wanted an oil change and my A/C recharged and nothing else.

About two days later I get a text saying that everything was finished, and I could pick it up. Once I get there and Pay the people I finally get into my Truck. The second I turn it on I see there are two new lights on. I now have a check engine light, and the Service Electronic Throttle sensor.
(before I go any further I should say that my truck has a DEF system delete. When I bought it at the time I was not aware of this and was never told by the car salesman.)

Anyways, Im still in the parking lot so I ask to talk to the serviceman that worked on my truck. When I ask he said the plugged into the OBD and did the newest flash tune. (This was a recall) Which I understand they do those for safety reasons and all, but they never contacted nor asked for permission to do so. So they basically ruined whatever tune was in there before hand, and that somehow threw that other sensor on?

So my question is, what do I do about this. They said they are willing to pay for it to get fixed, but I don’t know what type of tune I am gonna need, and what exactly I need to do about this ETCC. I’ve been reading up on both, but cannot find a definite answer to either.

Anything will help, and I appreciate anyone that gives some advice.
Thank You

·
Registered
261 Posts
By "DEF system delete", is the EGR still intact or gone? or is it blocked off?

I am by no means an expert on this... Sounds like you have 2 options. Option #1 - Re-install all missing parts & have the vehicle returned to stock. Option #2 - Buy delete tune from up north or SFT. Sounds like you're past the warranty question. I would lean towards getting new tune.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
The service electronic throttle message is generic and just means the truck is in limp mode. Without knowing if all of the hardware is intact and functional it could just be a small sensor or something big missing. First thing is figure out what if any hardware is missing. Then a new tune from up north well fix the issues going forward. Lastly stop using a fca dealer for none warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts