RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I need some help I’m new to the ecodiesel I got my 2016 with 107000 on November 2 on the 12th engine light came on said service electronic throttle control and it would not go over 2 thousand rpms I was just down the street from the dealer so I took it to them they just called about an hour ago and said we got you ready they had sent it to the dodge dealer to be fixed I was told it was the egr valve then the cooler. So I called dodge to ask them what they done all they said they done was changed the air filter that it was extremely dirty and restricted the air flow and that fixed it does this sound right to anyone?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Not sure yet they called and told me its ready but we are about to close so I won’t have it until Friday but according to a friend of mine at the dodge dealer it’s running fine and they drove it around with no issues
Hi: Tapkbp1313... Along with a new air filter they may have found your truck just needed a refill of "Blinker fluid"!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay I need some help I’m new to the ecodiesel I got my 2016 with 107000 on November 2 on the 12th engine light came on said service electronic throttle control and it would not go over 2 thousand rpms I was just down the street from the dealer so I took it to them they just called about an hour ago and said we got you ready they had sent it to the dodge dealer to be fixed I was told it was the egr valve then the cooler. So I called dodge to ask them what they done all they said they done was changed the air filter that it was extremely dirty and restricted the air flow and that fixed it does this sound right to anyone?
I just recently had the same issue. When I got my truck back the cab was filling up with exhaust fumes. The fuel line was backed up.
I’ll have to look my paperwork to see what all they did the first time when I took it in for the Service electronic throttle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same thing happened on my truck after adding the GDE tune. The error code would clear under the factory tune but return shortly after flashing back to the GDE. GDE tried to help by rewriting the tune a few times but the issue returned. I took my truck to the dealer with the GDE on it and they were able to determine it was a failure in the turbo. The truck has been great since the turbo was replaced. Funny that the "issue" seemed to be "solved" by the factory tune.

·
Registered
2016 CC Laramie Longhorn
42 Posts
This code has been my number one nemesis since buying my 2016 back in 2019. I just checked my post a created the last time I got the code. It didnt create much traffic as far as responses. I believe the last time the code may have been cause by a loose connection under the truck on the driver side. I have also read on here someone there is another connector driver side under the dash that could be causing it. The one under the truck some forum members have tried to remedy by zip tying the connectors from possibly backing out or water intrusion. Ill try and find the post with images that I found on here when researching and post a link.

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 Tradesman commercial duty, CC, ED, 6'4"
61 Posts
Generic default alarm/action for a bunch of different issues. That computer will put in that mode with most engine sensors seeing a bad condition. Had mechanic explain to me when mine triggered (was faulty oil signal from Turbo).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts