RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 EcoDiesel. 115K
Serviced at dealer every 8k
Driving in heavy rain, probably 2 or 3 in water o road. Truck slowed to 35 MPH, display showed "Service transmission, do not shift or turn off until you reach destination.
As after hours for dealer, so drove home. Had to disconnect battery to shut off engine and remove key. Towed to dealer. 6 days later they replaced electronic shifter module.
Drove 50 mile, same problem . Limped back to dealer. Preplexed...same error codes as before. Gave me a loaner.....WTF?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kazimodo. They did say that they also"fixed" an electrical connector when they replaced the shifter module....an like I said, it started an ran for 50 miles before doing the exact same thing Hot an dry day, no water....in town 45 mph.
It also drained the battery....def some electrical issue. Will keep you posted on results at dealer.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I don't know if im the only one that has the problem or not, but every time I change the oil I have to put that big wire harness back on the hanger that is suppose to hold it. I don't know what makes it fall off all the time, but I guess I need to zip tie it in place or something. It has been reported to cause a lot of issues when it comes unplugged so I assume it is a somewhat common problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts