21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Supporting documentation required to complete your claim may include:

Current vehicle registration (if applicable);

Your driver’s license or other government-issued identification;

Dates you owned or leased the Eligible Vehicle; and

Sufficient proof of current or former ownership or lease (as applicable).
when I did it it asked for proof of purchase. I included my title that showed the purchase date as well as the sales agreement. It may be different if you were not the first purchaser of the truck.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
FOr what? They asked me for current registration, a photo ID and proof of purchase. Therefore, I am sure they accept the current registration for that item, but not for the other two. Log into the system and put your details in there and see what it tells you then follow the instructions. Depending upon your circumstances it may ask for different documentation.

IT isn't complicated. If you can read and have basic computer skills you can do it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The way I read the extra warranty info (picked up my truck from a covered EGR cooler R&R), it is 10 year/120,000 or 4 year/48,000 which ever is greater. My 2016 has nearly 87,000 miles on it. The way I read this, is I'm better off waiting for another 11,000-12,000 miles before having this performed. In doing so, I'd push my warranty out from the original 100,000 out to nearly 148,0000. Is this correct interpretation?

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
The way I read the extra warranty info (picked up my truck from a covered EGR cooler R&R), it is 10 year/120,000 or 4 year/48,000 which ever is greater. My 2016 has nearly 87,000 miles on it. The way I read this, is I'm better off waiting for another 11,000-12,000 miles before having this performed. In doing so, I'd push my warranty out from the original 100,000 out to nearly 148,0000. Is this correct interpretation?
from my perspective the problem with this strategy is the new settlement warranty includes many items that are not currently covered for you and does not cover an engine failure. If you have a fuel pump failure now it is on you, with the extended warranty it is covered. Read your current warranty details carefully and read the settlement warranty carefully and decide if the added risk is worth it on your strategy. I don't think it is. It seems to me if you are out of the 3/36 warranty period you want the settlement warranty as soon as possible to minimize your risk.

bticbw!

·
Registered
13 Posts
So just a question. I've signed up for the updates on this from the website. So why am I not getting any updates?? I'm hoping that my vehicle will be included. 2016 bought in Mar of 2018

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Not to belabor or irritate anyone, but I have been MIA for a while and am totally out of the loop on this issue.

A couple basic questions:

-What "repairs/modifications" are they going to do to the emissions system and what's that going to do to my truck (and mileage, etc.?)

-Until finding this here, I haven't really heard much about this, wouldn't I expect that FCA would need to send out some sort of notification/explanation to eligible/affected owners?

-Looks like I'd be eligible for the $3075, exactly what is that supposed to offset?

-And finally, anyone know what this "extended warranty" means/covers?

Thanks for any feedback, sorry if this has all been hashed over, I've missed it all.
That is what the search function is for. You can find it all if you want to. Seems to me it takes a lot of gall to ask those of us that have participated regularly to spend our time informing you. Sorry, I am crabby tonight.

All the best,

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Not to belabor or irritate anyone, but I have been MIA for a while and am totally out of the loop on this issue.

A couple basic questions:

-What "repairs/modifications" are they going to do to the emissions system and what's that going to do to my truck (and mileage, etc.?)

-Until finding this here, I haven't really heard much about this, wouldn't I expect that FCA would need to send out some sort of notification/explanation to eligible/affected owners?

-Looks like I'd be eligible for the $3075, exactly what is that supposed to offset?

-And finally, anyone know what this "extended warranty" means/covers?

Thanks for any feedback, sorry if this has all been hashed over, I've missed it all.
We suspect it's only a flash to the ECM and TCM. Nobody knows what detriment, if any, this flash will cause. Too soon as some are just now getting the flash done.

FCA reached out via email and postal mail to those addresses they had in their system. Go to www.ecodieselsettlement.com and you will learn everything there is to know.

The $3075 is a settlement approved by the court. As to what it's supposed to offset, some have speculated a decrease in vehicle value due to the scandal. Who knows.

The extended warranty coverage has been posted in some very recent threads. Take a look around, it's there.

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
That is what the search function is for. You can find it all if you want to. Seems to me it takes a lot of gall to ask those of us that have participated regularly to spend our time informing you. Sorry, I am crabby tonight.

All the best,
Howie, I think you've been here long enough to know some people simply do what's most convenient. :(:eek::eek:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bounty Hunter: THANKS for the info. I was startled to see this as I hadn't received any information on it, which is sort of odd since I am the original owner and FCA should have all my contact/buyer info. I've since done some of my own research and now am better informed, but I appreciate your feedback.

97: Yeah, In a moment of surprise and weakness I asked those questions and should have known better on this site, I've deleted my original post. I went MIA on here since my last posting on here was derided because I made the unforgivable mistake of calling my vehicle a "Dodge", not a "Ram". (Of course my previous vehicles with the Cummins were actually Dodges, but whatever")

Howie: Thanks for the ice tea. Hope you dig out of the snow OK. I'll just shamefully crawl back under my rock.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,431 Posts
I made the unforgivable mistake of calling my vehicle a "Dodge", not a "Ram".
You did what??? Say it ain't so..
you can get banned for that in some countries if it happens on a day that doesn't start with the letter "T"
LOL!!
:-D

·
Administrator
8,684 Posts
Bounty Hunter: THANKS for the info. I was startled to see this as I hadn't received any information on it, which is sort of odd since I am the original owner and FCA should have all my contact/buyer info. I've since done some of my own research and now am better informed, but I appreciate your feedback.

97: Yeah, In a moment of surprise and weakness I asked those questions and should have known better on this site, I've deleted my original post. I went MIA on here since my last posting on here was derided because I made the unforgivable mistake of calling my vehicle a "Dodge", not a "Ram". (Of course my previous vehicles with the Cummins were actually Dodges, but whatever")

Howie: Thanks for the ice tea. Hope you dig out of the snow OK. I'll just shamefully crawl back under my rock.
No worries. You can ask anything you want. I realize sometimes we are in a hurry and would like a quick answer. Some will give it and some won't. It's the nature of a forum. Every once in a while the same question comes up about 15 times in a 48 hour period and I get tired of responding.

·
Registered
85 Posts
For what's it's worth, and I'm just repeating what was told to me, when I approached my selling dealer on this issue, among other things they told me, they said that they had already received information and customer service training from FCA regarding this settlement and repair/"fix" and that I should "absolutely expect" that the reflash WILL impact my fuel mileage in an adverse manner.

AGAIN, don't shoot, or kick like a dog, the messenger, just passing on what I was told.

Sort of makes sense to me since the assorted diesel manufacturers were cheating on emissions for a reason, mostly to get improved fuel mileage.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
For what's it's worth, and I'm just repeating what was told to me, when I approached my selling dealer on this issue, among other things they told me, they said that they had already received information and customer service training from FCA regarding this settlement and repair/"fix" and that I should "absolutely expect" that the reflash WILL impact my fuel mileage in an adverse manner.

AGAIN, don't shoot, or kick like a dog, the messenger, just passing on what I was told.

Sort of makes sense to me since the assorted diesel manufacturers were cheating on emissions for a reason, mostly to get improved fuel mileage.
I do believe this to be likely. If one were to filter the bar graphs on Fuelly for 3.0s in the MY 2014 - 2018, the 17s and 18s highest bar is 22-23mpgs whereas the 14, 15, and 16 are 23-24mpgs.

Seems if the 2014-2016 start to decline over time in MPG...it could easily be data-mined out of Fuelly since the owners stay the same for posted data.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I have had the ECU re-tuned by the dealership. Wow the lag when stepping on the gas.... Looking to see if anyone has received settlement money yet?? Claims in but no updates. I assume that they would know when your vehicle has been updated by dealership updating you vehicle in the warranties against are cleared. No place to give them the update that it's done that I've seen. Thoughts??

·
Registered
281 Posts
So I have had the ECU re-tuned by the dealership. Wow the lag when stepping on the gas.... Looking to see if anyone has received settlement money yet?? Claims in but no updates. I assume that they would know when your vehicle has been updated by dealership updating you vehicle in the warranties against are cleared. No place to give them the update that it's done that I've seen. Thoughts??
Mail outs of checks won’t begin until 6/17.

·
Registered
607 Posts
It will take about a week and a half to two weeks for the AEM update to show as complete on your claim.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mail outs of checks won’t begin until 6/17.
Well that was the message I got when I called the settlement hotline but I guess that’s just another case of misinformation. The status on my site changed to this today:

“Fiat Chrysler has sent your settlement check to the mailing address listed on your claim form.“

21 - 40 of 46 Posts