RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have filled and they have received my paperwork - its supposedly in process. My question is: are we supposed to go to the dealer for the update before filing? I have not had the update, will they ask me to get it done and show documentation before I get my check? Has anyone got their check yet? Looking forward to using the $ for a tune...

·
Administrator
9,092 Posts
I have filled and they have received my paperwork - its supposedly in process. My question is: are we supposed to go to the dealer for the update before filing? I have not had the update, will they ask me to get it done and show documentation before I get my check? Has anyone got their check yet? Looking forward to using the $ for a tune...
Yeah you have to get the AEM in order to get the check. It doesn't matter what order you do it in.

·
Registered
309 Posts
My paperwork was turned in July 3. It has sense stalled out. I called last week and the lady told me they were working on peoples paperwork that turned it in in May. That doesn't sound right to me. Are a lot of you guys playing the waiting game too? I'm not getting the tune until they have processed my paperwork.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I sent my paper work in May 14th and now just received my offer letter (Aug 19th). So yup its a waiting game.....

·
Registered
379 Posts
I kept looking at the status from this page: https://fcacommunity.force.com/EcoDieselSettlement/s/TrackClaim This is where you enter your claim number and VIN to get your status. I kept getting the response shown in the attached picture. I was under the evidently mistaken impression that I'd get an update to this page, which would then say that all docs were approved and to then go get the AEM done. I waited 5 weeks and then called, only to be told that everything was good, and to go get the AEM done, after which that page will be updated once FCA processes the paperwork from the dealer.

On a positive note, they also confirmed that the original lessee had not filed a claim, so I will get the full $3075....good stuff.

Screenshot (2).png

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Without doing the AEM you are not getting anything. Even after doing it there's maybe a month or more before you are approved to get the final paperwork that you must get notarized. The more you delay, the longer you stretch out your wait time.

Then, even after all paperwork and AEM is done, with total approval, you will get a notice on your case that the "check is in the mail". From what I can tell they use some form of "pony express" and the horse is sick. I would not call it a waiting game. Better to just follow the prodecure and forget about it. To wait means you are thinking about things and missing out on the fun of life. Miss no more, get 'er done, do the paperwork and enjoy the truck.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I kept looking at the status from this page: https://fcacommunity.force.com/EcoDieselSettlement/s/TrackClaim This is where you enter your claim number and VIN to get your status. I kept getting the response shown in the attached picture. I was under the evidently mistaken impression that I'd get an update to this page, which would then say that all docs were approved and to then go get the AEM done. I waited 5 weeks and then called, only to be told that everything was good, and to go get the AEM done, after which that page will be updated once FCA processes the paperwork from the dealer.

On a positive note, they also confirmed that the original lessee had not filed a claim, so I will get the full $3075....good stuff.

View attachment 81980
All that is telling you is that they have all the documents they want/need. Once they accept your documents you'll get a green checkmark and paperwork to fill out.

Reactions: jetlag

·
Registered
250 Posts
I got this page approved and offer emailed to me before doing the AEM. They had all they needed and told me once the AEM was done, a check would be issued. That happened about a week later as I had the recall done the following day. Now waiting on the Pony Express.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think all of this should have been handled at the dealer after you get the AEM installed. How hard would it have been for them to look to see if you qualify for the AEM, then check owner history, then submit your paperwork to Ram showing you are good to get paid or not get paid.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Without doing the AEM you are not getting anything. Even after doing it there's maybe a month or more before you are approved to get the final paperwork that you must get notarized. The more you delay, the longer you stretch out your wait time.

Then, even after all paperwork and AEM is done, with total approval, you will get a notice on your case that the "check is in the mail". From what I can tell they use some form of "pony express" and the horse is sick. I would not call it a waiting game. Better to just follow the prodecure and forget about it. To wait means you are thinking about things and missing out on the fun of life. Miss no more, get 'er done, do the paperwork and enjoy the truck.
You do not have to get the AEM done before the paperwork and offer is completed and signed and notarized. Yes you need to get the AEM before the check, but if you don't agree, I would never get the AEM update done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts