RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone decipher the extended warranty verbiage for the ecodiesel settlement.
As far as I can tell even if you have more than 120K miles on your vehicle you still get a 4 yr/ 48,000 mile warranty on most engine parts except the camshaft and it's associated components?
Thanks for any help on this one

"Extended Warranty. The third objective is achieved through an Extended Warranty offered for all Subject Vehicles that receive the Approved Emissions Modification. The Extended Warranty covers all parts and 3systems affected by the Approved Emissions Modification, and the warranty term is the greater of (i) 10 years from the date of initial sale or 120,000 actual miles on the vehicle odometer, whichever comes first; and (ii) 4 years or 48,000 miles from the date and mileage of installing the Approved Emissions Modification on the vehicle, whichever comes first. Fiat Chrysler shall not impose on consumers any fees or charges (and must pay any fees or charges imposed on consumers by any Dealer in accordance with the applicable franchise agreements with such Dealers) related to the warranty service. The estimated per-vehicle cost to Fiat Chrysler of the warranty components of this Class Action Agreement is approximately $1,050."

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
The one serious flaw in the extended warranty is that the intake manifold is not specifically listed so I do not think it is covered and the chance of it needing replacement on a stock vehicle between 70,000 and 150,000 miles is high, depending upon how you drive and the luck of the draw. There may be a chance to challenge that if/when it happens but that will be a pain and not guaranteed success.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Intake mani is NOT covered?? How do you figure? I'd say it's a pretty critical part of the emissions system, as about half the emission components are bolted onto it...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Driving in to work today the "Service Electronic Throttle Control" light came on again. Happened a couple thousand miles ago. They said it wasn't covered under the emissions or any warranty. After much complaining they agreed to fix it if I bought a few oil changes. Instead of changing out the valve ($450) as they originally suggested, they ended up swapping the gasket ($14). A week later the catalytic converter went out, which of course was covered. I am about to call the dealer and see what they can do about it this time. Does the lemon law apply if the same issue occurs 3 times in a short period of time? I only have 56k on my 2016.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Howie,

My extended warranty specifically states that the intake, and exhaust manifolds are covered.

intake manifold.JPG

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I don't think that is the verbiage from the settlement? Maybe from your original extended warranty?
Yes, from the purchased extended warranty. I guess there is confusion as to which is which... When someone says extended warranty, I think purchased. Sorry!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts