RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the verbiage from the legal notice.
If I'm reading it right it looks like even if you have over 120,000 miles on your truck you will get a 4 yr/48,000 mile extended warranty.
Anyone else's take on this?:

"Extended Warranty. The third objective is achieved through an Extended Warranty offered for all Subject Vehicles that receive the Approved Emissions Modification. The Extended Warranty covers all parts and
3systems affected by the Approved Emissions Modification, and the warranty term is the greater of (i) 10 years from the date of initial sale or 120,000 actual miles on the vehicle odometer, whichever comes first; and (ii) 4 years or 48,000 miles from the date and mileage of installing the Approved Emissions Modification on the vehicle, whichever comes first."

·
Registered
433 Posts
DUMB ASS here . Please help me understand. If I have a 8 yr 120000 mile extended warranty and get the AEM flash at 100000 miles ,when will the AEM warranty end ?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Dieseldave - that is a decent intelligent question.
My thoughts would be that the added warranty that you purchased absorbs the additional extended warranty - meaning you might be getting screwed.
I hope that I am wrong though.

·
Administrator
8,195 Posts
DUMB ASS here . Please help me understand. If I have a 8 yr 120000 mile extended warranty and get the AEM flash at 100000 miles ,when will the AEM warranty end ?
The way I understand it you will still get the 4 yr/48,000 mile warranty, but I could be wrong. Call FCA to confirm.

·
Administrator
8,195 Posts
So my warranty would end at 148000 miles?
That's how I interpret it since it says the "greater of".

"Extended Warranty. The third objective is achieved through an Extended Warranty offered for all Subject Vehicles that receive the Approved Emissions Modification. The Extended Warranty covers all parts and
3systems affected by the Approved Emissions Modification, and the warranty term is the greater of (i) 10 years from the date of initial sale or 120,000 actual miles on the vehicle odometer, whichever comes first; and (ii) 4 years or 48,000 miles from the date and mileage of installing the Approved Emissions Modification on the vehicle, whichever comes first."

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
You can’t be “screwed” getting something you not only did not pay for, you were paid to get it.

It’s right in the good book. You don’t have to work all day for full pay if the boss wants to pay you. Be happy for anything given to you and do not be jealous of others.

·
Registered
433 Posts
You can’t be “screwed” getting something you not only did not pay for, you were paid to get it.

It’s right in the good book. You don’t have to work all day for full pay if the boss wants to pay you. Be happy for anything given to you and do not be jealous of others.
??????

·
Registered
74 Posts
Key word is AND. 10/ 100,000 AND 4/ 48,000

1 - 11 of 11 Posts