RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those in the process here is what a claims customer service rep told me yesterday by phone:
They have received over 45,000 claims so far since the start of the process last spring.
They did not anticipate this many claims to be submitted.
They started off way understaffed.
They currently have added more staffing to speed up the processing time.
They are currently working on those who have submitted claims in June.
Claims that have come in by regular USPS are going to take much longer due to the time and personnel needed to scan in the info to form an electronic file.
Those who submitted an electronic claim after also submitting a claim by USPS will get the same priority as any other electronic submission.

So that's it. Cannot certify the accuracy of what I was told. Take it for what it's worth.

·
Super Moderator
2,534 Posts
I posted yesterday in another thread, I had the AEM done July 31st after having all the necessary paperwork approved. Recieved check yesterday so just shy of a month. Maybe I was lucky but some checks are going out.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I had the AEM done mid July, but took my time getting the forms notarized. I did submit all of the forms via internet. I received my check about an hour ago. It took just about 4 weeks after the "in the mail" box was checked.

·
Registered
222 Posts
As a former owner
I just got mine check
Took a little less than 4 week

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
485 Posts
I first submitted claim May 23rd, but through my own fault, had to resubmit 1 month later. Received offer letter last week. I'll get it notarized and sent back, probably this week if I have time.
Just for reference, that is 10 Weeks to get approved.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I had the AEM done mid July, but took my time getting the forms notarized. I did submit all of the forms via internet. I received my check about an hour ago. It took just about 4 weeks after the "in the mail" box was checked.
I had the AEM done in mid June. To me the problem is not how long it takes to get the check after sending in the notarized paperwork, it's how long it takes to get something to notarize after submitting a claim. My claim was submitted in early June. Crickets.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got the AEM done in June and processed the paperwork late July. Haven’t even received my offer yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
I submitted my initial docs online (vehicle reg, drivers lic, proof of purchase/ownership) Mid July, and my "status" shows the hourglass next to "Document Package Complete"...no change since the initial submittal. I had the AEM done 8 days ago, and the Mopar Recall website still shows that I've not had the recall done, which is probably my dealer's fault. I'll be calling FCA but expect little if any result other than waiting longer. Headscratcher is seeing some of you completing the entire process inside of 4 weeks. Glad for you guys, but something is clearly out of whack in their queue.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I submitted my initial docs online (vehicle reg, drivers lic, proof of purchase/ownership) Mid July, and my "status" shows the hourglass next to "Document Package Complete"...no change since the initial submittal. I had the AEM done 8 days ago, and the Mopar Recall website still shows that I've not had the recall done, which is probably my dealer's fault. I'll be calling FCA but expect little if any result other than waiting longer. Headscratcher is seeing some of you completing the entire process inside of 4 weeks. Glad for you guys, but something is clearly out of whack in their queue.
I submitted my paper work May 17, which is the same day I had the AEM done on my truck. I didn't get my offer letter via email until mid August. They "Sent" my check out as of August 26th. If you didn't submit your until July, you've got a little more waiting to do.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I submitted my required documents (online) on May 25th, had the AEM completed July 19th just got the offer letter (by email) today. After over 3 months the process has finally started moving for me.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
They did not anticipate this many claims to be submitted.
They started off way understaffed.
Thanks for the info.

As usual the Big corporation is throwing out BS to cover their butts.
How can they POSSIBLY say that they didn't anticipate that amount of claims!? They know EXACTLY how many trucks they sold! Minus a small percentage for totaled or stolen vehicles they HAD to know that there were going to be this many claims. :mad:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I submitted mine in may and it still says processing.... no idea when I'll get mine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I submitted my paperwork on Jun 13th, had the AEM completed on Jun 23rd. Still waiting for processing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just spoke to someone. They modified the menu so it takes some "ability" to get to a human. Most of the options read you a script and then disconnect you. Finally a woman answered and read me her script. As predicted when they threw the 60 day promise out the window, they have now thrown the 90 day promise out the window. And it is "we will get to it when we get to it. First in, first out. My AEM was done in May. Packet submitted on June 6. No word. I asked her if she could tell me what date they are working on. She said only a claim manager will tell you that and she can't tell you when you will get a claim manager. Maybe we can refine this here. Has anyone who submitted their application after June 6 been assigned a claim manager? Perhaps we can work backwards and figure out where they are... This is getting old. Literally.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Update from attorney - Court hearing today

Evidently the judge got an earful about the slow claim processing and the lag. Attorney says judge is very concerned about both.

FCA says they have onboarded 80 new claims managers who are getting trained at this moment.

And they have a working group of engineers generating a "fix for the fix." Supposed to give back performance and mileage. They think that will roll out in 2-3 months for EPA testing and EPA was there today saying they will expedite according to attorney and make sure it really works.

So, you are not supposed to lie to the judge. And attorney said judge is very concerned. Perhaps some movement and perhaps the resale value will recover a bit...

Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Processed mine 2 months ago. Did the software update first then the paperwork. Got my check about two weeks ago. Whatever you do submit everything online or you be waiting and waiting...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts