RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
SFK spoke volumes for me. I have it back on the shelf and went back to my GDE tune. Wish I never wasted my money on SFK. Much happier with the GDE tune and I feel my truck will last much longer. Runs cleaner, less regens and better fuel economy. Jimmy never gives answers and seems clueless as to what he is really doing. He is very evasive and gets angry easily. GDE truly understands these trucks and can therefore offer real knowledge.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Jimmy never gives answers and seems clueless as to what he is really doing. He is very evasive and gets angry easily. GDE truly understands these trucks and can therefore offer real knowledge.
This was my experience when trying to ask him questions about his tuning. Instead of answering he just came back at me with questions, wanting to know how much I know about tuning lol.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Jimmy's background has nothing to do with this discussion, his tune speaks for itself.
Do you use this same rationale for, say, choosing a doctor or a lawyer? Then why would you disregard the background when choosing who controls the brain of your expensive truck?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Do you use this same rationale for, say, choosing a doctor or a lawyer? Then why would you disregard the background when choosing who controls the brain of your expensive truck?
I don't care about its background because as I said, the tune speaks for itself.
You asked an inappropriate question but I will answer.
I've never had to choose a lawyer.
I have had to choose many doctors for several serious operations and cancer survival. I did not research their backgrounds, I chose based on their track record and the recommendations of other doctors.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
All the features jimmy claims to add are stock functions that I used every winter. Thats before any tuning or modifications were done to my truck. Also the limited slip feature he says stays active is a mechanical feature only some trucks have, there is zero jimmy can do to change that.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
All the features jimmy claims to add are stock functions that I used every winter. Thats before any tuning or modifications were done to my truck. Also the limited slip feature he says stays active is a mechanical feature only some trucks have, there is zero jimmy can do to change that.
Brokendownbutgood,
I may have confused things. Jimmy never said anything about the limited slip feature. I excerpted that direct from my Ram owner manual.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hasn't it been pretty well documented Jimmy is just the sales guy and doesn't know the actual details of the tune? Yeah I'll take the word of an experienced engine programmer over a salesman every day. If GDE says it can only be changed in the ABS module then I absolutely believe them over anything Jimmy would say

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I don't care about its background because as I said, the tune speaks for itself.
You asked an inappropriate question but I will answer.
I've never had to choose a lawyer.
I have had to choose many doctors for several serious operations and cancer survival. I did not research their backgrounds, I chose based on their track record and the recommendations of other doctors.
Sorry, but in my opinion, the track record and recommendations of their peers has everything to do with their background.

As for ECM programming, someones education and programming knowledge should be very important to you. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

As for my question being inappropriate, I did not ask for details of your life experiences as you were so quick to provide. I asked a general question, to which you answered with personal specifics. That's on you. Tootalooo.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts