RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Vehicle descriptions in signature
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SFT is dishonest. Time to divulge.

A condensed history:
01 - I have strongly supported SFT since its beginning.
02 - I have used their ECU & TCU (Rally) tunes since 06/2019.
03 - My dealer completed the FCA W58 (tonewheel) flash.
04 - 6/9/21, I paid SFT $50.00 for their updated W58 tunes.
05 - I Received the SFT W58 update tunes. The ECU tune caused SCR (DEF) codes.
06 - 12/16/21, I received new SFT W58 update tunes that disabled the SCR (DEF).
07 - I asked SFT for W58 update tunes with the SCR intact. On 12-17-21, SFT
(Cris Ramirez) said it was no longer offered.
08 - Getting nowhere with SFT and wanting a tune with SCR intact, on 6/24/22
@ $1074.69 I ordered and installed MRT ECU & TCU tunes via EOC.
09 - Then a forum member reported that SFT does have W58 update tunes with SCR
intact.
10 - I questioned SFT (Cris Ramirez) about #07 vs #09 and he denied saying that, and
requested proof. So I sent him confirmation, the email where he did say that.
11 - 8-23-22, SFT (Cris Ramirez) said it was a misunderstanding and he would send
me the current tunes and needed my current tune data.
12 - 9-1-22, I sent SFT (Cris Ramirez) the requested data.
13 - 11/20-22, 2 1/2 months, and SFT has not sent the promised tunes. SFT does not
answer my emails or telephone calls.
SFT has apparently abandoned me as a customer.

SFT is proving to be dishonest and guilty of Breach of Contract.

Future SFT buyers and existing SFT customers - BEWARE!

Edit:
I sent SFT a copy of this post

Premium Member
2016 Big Horn 4X4 Engine and Transmission tuned by no longer available (but truck runs good)
I know peoples interactions with other people are always unique, but I never got a "comfortable" feeling with anything they (SFT) were offering, online they seemed immature and childish, My gut feelings have failed me before Like with another turner that communication was an issue (EOC or MrT), and I made the decision to shop elsewhere, finding out later that the company in question was actually a very reputable company and offered a quality product, but when a company/supplier becomes unresponsive that sends a terrible message (inexcusable IMO)馃憥, Maybe business is "that good" and they are not concerned with the few customers they may have or may lose, but it tells me they have no pride of ownership 馃槩

that's why I like GDE and EOC, you may not get the answer you want (like the guy complaining about not being able to get a GDE thermostat:unsure:), but you will get a response(y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know peoples interactions with other people are always unique, but I never got a "comfortable" feeling with anything they (SFT) were offering, online they seemed immature and childish, My gut feelings have failed me before Like with another turner that communication was an issue (EOC or MrT), and I made the decision to shop elsewhere, finding out later that the company in question was actually a very reputable company and offered a quality product, but when a company/supplier becomes unresponsive that sends a terrible message (inexcusable IMO)馃憥, Maybe business is "that good" and they are not concerned with the few customers they may have or may lose, but it tells me they have no pride of ownership 馃槩

that's why I like GDE and EOC, you may not get the answer you want (like the guy complaining about not being able to get a GDE thermostat:unsure:), but you will get a response(y)
Yes, I am very satisfied with Chris Munro, owner of EOC, his service, and the MRT tunes he provides. A true professional.

Reactions: 3DHawkeye

Registered
Sorry this happened to you, it's amazing a little honesty goes a long way. Seem's like GDE is still the way to go in my opinion.

Registered
I've been doing my evaluation all of the available companies for tuning. I must say most are shady part time "companies" selling others software.
The problem is when a normal user choses one for their tune they defend them without knowing alot about them. Customers with problems, answering questions, availability, software education, and product knowledge should be factors in the decision making process.
In other words, take recommendations from "friends" or "customers" as an opinion, not fact. Do your own homework and as always "buyer beware".

Well documented complaint, sir.

Registered
I've been doing my evaluation all of the available companies for tuning. I must say most are shady part time "companies" selling others software.
The problem is when a normal user choses one for their tune they defend them without knowing alot about them. Customers with problems, answering questions, availability, software education, and product knowledge should be factors in the decision making process.
In other words, take recommendations from "friends" or "customers" as an opinion, not fact. Do your own homework and as always "buyer beware".

Well documented complaint, sir.
Are you knowledgeable in the software and product?

You're dead-on about how some customers defend the purchase they made. Some just want to be able to justify that they made the best decision, even when 98% of the target customers know different.

Registered
2015 ECOALDiesel
SFT was a mixed experience for myself. 3 years of Stage 2 and TCM Rally tune with just some minor issues and customer service never let me down. My issue is that now I have HP Tuners 45hp Stage2 from Chris @ EOC and it's been a revelation. My truck just drives so much nicer now and I don't even have a TCM tune installed. My mileage has improved by 2-3 MPG which I will try and quantify in the near future. I was really thinking of selling my truck after my 5 month nightmare but I've fallen in love with it again and look forward to driving every chance I get! I don't want to bash SFT but EOC has won my business and I look forward to using their services in the future.
Cheers!

Registered
SFT was a mixed experience for myself. 3 years of Stage 2 and TCM Rally tune with just some minor issues and customer service never let me down. My issue is that now I have HP Tuners 45hp Stage2 from Chris @ EOC and it's been a revelation. My truck just drives so much nicer now and I don't even have a TCM tune installed. My mileage has improved by 2-3 MPG which I will try and quantify in the near future. I was really thinking of selling my truck after my 5 month nightmare but I've fallen in love with it again and look forward to driving every chance I get! I don't want to bash SFT but EOC has won my business and I look forward to using their services in the future. Cheers!
How much is this tune from EOC? I currently am with SFT. And my mileage has suffered since changing from GDE. Thinking of changing to EOC.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
How much is this tune from EOC? I currently am with SFT. And my mileage has suffered since changing from GDE. Thinking of changing to EOC.
See item #8 in this post of mine

SFT is dishonest. Time to divulge.

A condensed history:
01 - I have strongly supported SFT since its beginning.
02 - I have used their ECU & TCU (Rally) tunes since 06/2019.
03 - My dealer completed the FCA W58 (tonewheel) flash.
04 - 6/9/21, I paid SFT $50.00 for their updated W58 tunes.
05 - I Received the SFT W58 update tunes. The ECU tune caused SCR (DEF) codes.
06 - 12/16/21, I received new SFT W58 update tunes that disabled the SCR (DEF).
07 - I asked SFT for W58 update tunes with the SCR intact. On 12-17-21, SFT
(Cris Ramirez) said it was no longer offered.
08 - Getting nowhere with SFT and wanting a tune with SCR intact, on 6/24/22 @ $1074.69 US. I ordered and installed MRT ECU & TCU tunes via EOC.
09 - Then a forum member reported that SFT does have W58 update tunes with SCR
intact.
10 - I questioned SFT (Cris Ramirez) about #07 vs #09 and he denied saying that, and
requested proof. So I sent him confirmation, the email where he did say that.
11 - 8-23-22, SFT (Cris Ramirez) said it was a misunderstanding and he would send
me the current tunes and needed my current tune data.
12 - 9-1-22, I sent SFT (Cris Ramirez) the requested data.
13 - 11/20-22, 2 1/2 months, and SFT has not sent the promised tunes. SFT does not answer my emails or telephone calls.
SFT has apparently abandoned me as a customer.

SFT is proving to be dishonest and guilty of Breach of Contract.

Future SFT buyers and existing SFT customers - BEWARE!

Edit:
I sent SFT a copy of this post

Registered
Yes, You are a 100% correct! SFT is very dishonest and has absolutely terrible customer service. After 6 to 8 (lost track) upgrades to fix "cold start problem" still there. They tried to tell me it was my truck! I explained to them that when I went back to stock it never happens and as soon as I put tune on it does. I even sent them several video's of this. I finally gave up! I will be going to GDE. Stay away from SFT! Very unproffesional!

Vendor
Yes, You are a 100% correct! SFT is very dishonest and has absolutely terrible customer service. After 6 to 8 (lost track) upgrades to fix "cold start problem" still there. They tried to tell me it was my truck! I explained to them that when I went back to stock it never happens and as soon as I put tune on it does. I even sent them several video's of this. I finally gave up! I will be going to GDE. Stay away from SFT! Very unproffesional!
GDE are elk hunters as well, so you got that going for you!

Registered
Every spring when the weather warms up they say they have a cold start fix; yet never do. Complete liars. The also have a major over boost issue when cruising at higher speeds.

Is that why my turbo makes funny noises? Ahahaha. I asked them about that and they said it was "normal".

Also, the cold start issue is why I'm trying to find another tune. I miss my GDE tune :(

Registered
Is that why my turbo makes funny noises? Ahahaha. I asked them about that and they said it was "normal".

Also, the cold start issue is why I'm trying to find another tune. I miss my GDE tune :(
SFT is trash. They setup the VGT to have 2 modes that switch at 25% pedal position. When below 25% throttle the VGT will close and send boost twice as high as it should be. Going 80mph on flat ground unloaded u will be right at 20-25% throttle resulting with boost around 30 psi (when it should be under 15). Then it gets worse the colder it gets. Finally, if u are in a condition near 25%, it鈥檒l flip between the two modes continuously. Sorry but once you notice this it will drive you crazy.

Registered
SFT is trash. They setup the VGT to have 2 modes that switch at 25% pedal position. When below 25% throttle the VGT will close and send boost twice as high as it should be. Going 80mph on flat ground unloaded u will be right at 20-25% throttle resulting with boost around 30 psi (when it should be under 15). Then it gets worse the colder it gets. Finally, if u are in a condition near 25%, it鈥檒l flip between the two modes continuously. Sorry but once you notice this it will drive you crazy.
I noticed it in February when I tuned. They said it was normal.

I only noticed it while using cruise in the summer.

Now it's around 0C every day again and getting colder I'm noticing it again. Seems the cold start issue is at -5C

1 - 19 of 19 Posts