RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have the SFT tune, what is the reason to do the updates?, mine runs fine, are the constantly changing the tune to make it better?, or am I missing something?

·
Registered
254 Posts
They make updates to match the software put out by FCA. As well as tweaks to the tunes. The recent "Rally" option of their transmission tune update was really worth it. Big difference in tow/haul mode. Not sure how often I will update now that I'm stage 2, but I'll watch for them to see if any significant changes are made. They post a lot on their facebook page whenever there are changes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys, I'm considering the SFT tune over the HD Supply tune for my 2016 Limited. I'm mostly interested in the EGR software delete and the transmission improvements. Couple questions:

1) Overall you are pretty happy?
2) This seems less of a hassle than swapping out ECMs but I want to be able to get it back to the dealer if/when the egr cooler is addressed and/or when then next issue shows up that might be under the AEM warranty. Is it pretty easy to set back to factory? Can you swap back and forth multiple times?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm SFT tuned with their stage 2 plus transmission tune with Rally option. I absolutely love my tune! Truck is a beast with excellent performance and nice fuel gains. No more random CEL's and just plain ol' peace of mind when I start her up. I know there are lots of haters but I can tell you from my experience this has been the best investment and contrary to other posts the customer service is awesome.

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
792 Posts
improvements. Couple questions:

1) Overall you are pretty happy?
2) This seems less of a hassle than swapping out ECMs but I want to be able to get it back to the dealer if/when the egr cooler is addressed and/or when then next issue shows up that might be under the AEM warranty. Is it pretty easy to set back to factory? Can you swap back and forth multiple times?

Thanks in advance!
1 - Very happy. Have both ECU & TCM Rally tunes. Great tunes and outstanding customer service.
2 - Yes and Yes

·
Registered
25 Posts
I really want to get this SFT tune but having second thoughts because they are really hard to get in touch with. No lie, i have called probably 40 times in the last month and nobody has answered the phone, not even once. I send them emails and they do get back to me after 3-5 days but always with vague answers that only leave me with more questions. I would really like to have an actual conversation or is this just old school thinking ?? Any other options out there for the Eco ??

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I really want to get this SFT tune but having second thoughts because they are really hard to get in touch with. No lie, i have called probably 40 times in the last month and nobody has answered the phone, not even once. I send them emails and they do get back to me after 3-5 days but always with vague answers that only leave me with more questions. I would really like to have an actual conversation or is this just old school thinking ?? Any other options out there for the Eco ??
What more do you need before going elsewhere?

Check out HD Diesel and MRtuning.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I recommend MRTuning. I had a similar experience with SFT. And not much luck with HD Diesel. MRTuning had great customer service.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What more do you need before going elsewhere?

Check out HD Diesel and MRtuning.
To be able to talk to a person before i spend almost a $1000 would be nice. Especially if i have a question about something after the sale. Am i supposed to wait 3-5 days for an email reply. This might be ok for your money but not mine. I will check out the HD and MR.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm SFT tuned with their stage 2 plus transmission tune with Rally option. I absolutely love my tune! Truck is a beast with excellent performance and nice fuel gains. No more random CEL's and just plain ol' peace of mind when I start her up. I know there are lots of haters but I can tell you from my experience this has been the best investment and contrary to other posts the customer service is awesome.

Merry Christmas!
Hi There,

I'm new to the forum. I own a 2016 Ram Eco. I love my truck but since the emission update it runs sluggish. I'd love to do the SFT tune etc. Where can I get this tune done? I'm in AZ

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hi There,

I'm new to the forum. I own a 2016 Ram Eco. I love my truck but since the emission update it runs sluggish. I'd love to do the SFT tune etc. Where can I get this tune done? I'm in AZ
SFT is in Las Vegas, maybe close to you. Here's their web site.
EcoDiesel

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm just glad GDE has an ETA on getting back in the game. May last few attempts (among 50+) to contact SFT was word for word, I have money in hand and want your ECU and TRANS tune, please call me.You guessed it, absolutely nothing back. Obviously they don't need the business. I see they have changed the message when you call to email and set up a call appointment. Good luck with that

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'm just glad GDE has an ETA on getting back in the game. May last few attempts (among 50+) to contact SFT was word for word, I have money in hand and want your ECU and TRANS tune, please call me.You guessed it, absolutely nothing back. Obviously they don't need the business. I see they have changed the message when you call to email and set up a call appointment. Good luck with that
Yep, they are slow to respond but quick to ship.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I went back and forth with SFT through several e-mails. They typically responded within 24hrs. Whether they answer your questions adequately is another story.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Contact them on Facebook, or email.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I went back and forth with SFT through several e-mails. They typically responded within 24hrs. Whether they answer your questions adequately is another story.
I tried hard to get Jimmy to answer me about the regen intervals seen with his import tuning. He just responded with questions on what I know about tuning. Totally unhelpful and unprofessional. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
562 Posts
For us in California, the GDE tune stopped being an option awhile ago. So the news that they will be coming out with am EPA approved tune, even of it doesn't shut off the EGR, is welcomed news for those of us who want to tune with a reputable and reliable company.

I'm definitely interested and will probably pull the trigger as soon as it's available since I missed my opportunity on their original tune by waiting. Don't want that to happen again by EPA/CARB reneging.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts