RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Sft has not proven anything yet but keep trying.
Capture+_2019-05-07-11-06-43.png

Here you see Keith admitting that SFT tunes are NOT related to GDE whatsoever.

This proves that the Keith lied when he said "Jimmy McKeown has started stealing the GDE engine tune recently now that OBD read/write is functional." is 100% a lie. GDE credibility = 0. Why put down another company? If they lie about this, what else?
GDE claim.PNG

·
Banned
48 Posts
A lot of owners still have warranty and don't want to forfeit it by tuning via OBD2 as it's easily detectable at the dealer level.
I'm not entirely sure that's accurate.

For example, let's say you get periodic updates from the dealer. Three ECU flashes later and you WILL have a flash count, yes? Now what if you get flashed by GDE now your flash count is 0. That is suspicious. Not to mention the ECU will have characteristics other than stock.

At SFT we flash you back to stock, sure the count has now gone up 2 (tune & stock flashes). However per the FCA guidance (tech shared this info, I read it with them). "Over 3 is reportable " so a flash count with a deviation of 4 or more will be reported.

Both have their pros and cons. But to claim "OBD2 is easily detectable at the dealer level" is false. The binary data is written back to the ECU with 0 trace of altered data (only flash count goes up).

·
Banned
48 Posts
There's plenty of options out there. The claims everyone reads about are from customers. Not our own. We report back what we hear.

SFT has not been around, at all worth mentioning. The engineers, the science of it all has been around a long time. If you're familiar at all with the EDC17 ECU as Kory put it yesterday, "it's laid out like a book".

The goal at SFT was to make affordable safe and convenient options. We nailed it. OBD2 tuning, for less than an engine tune elsewhere you get the SFT engine & Transmission tunes. All the extra features added in there as well.

Customer service is available 24/7. We help people who have never owned anything from SFT.

As for the comparison reviews, they're out there. We will soon feature them on the website. The whole point was to prove SFT tune's were 100% original. This has now been proven. Case closed.

The SFT tunes are not everyone's cup of tea. If there's something you don't like, we'll work until it's right. Our SFT Stage 1 tune keeps all emissions in tact and people can use the OBD2 tuner to revert to stock/upgrade to an SFT Stage 2 tune in about 2 minutes or less.

Regardless if you want to attack the company or the people, I urge you to try the difference. It really is night and day. All from the convenience of your own home.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I'm not entirely sure that's accurate.

For example, let's say you get periodic updates from the dealer. Three ECU flashes later and you WILL have a flash count, yes? Now what if you get flashed by GDE now your flash count is 0. That is suspicious. Not to mention the ECU will have characteristics other than stock.

At SFT we flash you back to stock, sure the count has now gone up 2 (tune & stock flashes). However per the FCA guidance (tech shared this info, I read it with them). "Over 3 is reportable " so a flash count with a deviation of 4 or more will be reported.

Both have their pros and cons. But to claim "OBD2 is easily detectable at the dealer level" is false. The binary data is written back to the ECU with 0 trace of altered data (only flash count goes up).
When fca flashes a vehicle it is reported and the flash count is wiped you need to research more before you claim false info.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
View attachment 79908

Here you see Keith admitting that SFT tunes are NOT related to GDE whatsoever.

This proves that the Keith lied when he said "Jimmy McKeown has started stealing the GDE engine tune recently now that OBD read/write is functional." is 100% a lie. GDE credibility = 0. Why put down another company? If they lie about this, what else?
View attachment 79910
Yes your tune uses a different logic strategy than gde, why is that? Gde credibility is proven and you well do nothing but destroy your self trying to disprove them. Im not trying to destroy you or even drag you down but your advertising is hurting yourself more than helping.

·
Registered
570 Posts
If I was going to buy a tune I'd buy it from people who boost the product and advertise how good their product is. I get wary when I see sellers who use 'sensation" and unrelated self promotion to move a product.

1) sensation : "https://www.so****ingtuned.com/about.html#/"

If I saw the website for "So F*****g Tuned" or "Green Diesel Engineering", which one says "we do diesel tuning" ??

2) unrelated self promotion : "**U.S. Combat Veteran Owned and Operated**"

Without disparaging veterans ..... there is no technical connection between veterans and engine tunes. When I see things like this I wonder "why" this person feels the need to boost themselves this way. Is it to make up for some deficiency in the product and encourage patriotic sympathy to make up for it?

SFT's entire approach turns me off.

... just my $0.05

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
If I was going to buy a tune I'd buy it from people who boost the product and advertise how good their product is. I get wary when I see sellers who use 'sensation" and unrelated self promotion to move a product.

1) sensation : "https://www.so****ingtuned.com/about.html#/"

If I saw the website for "So F*****g Tuned" or "Green Diesel Engineering", which one says "we do diesel tuning" ??

2) unrelated self promotion : "**U.S. Combat Veteran Owned and Operated**"

Without disparaging veterans ..... there is no technical connection between veterans and engine tunes. When I see things like this I wonder "why" this person feels the need to boost themselves this way. Is it to make up for some deficiency in the product and encourage patriotic sympathy to make up for it?

SFT's entire approach turns me off.

... just my $0.05
GDE documented engineered results VS Sft exhibiting roid rage, Napoleonic Overcompensation Complex, and Medicine Man Marketing

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Wow, I am glad I came for this. I have had great customer support from GDE for the past 7 years.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think everyone is a bit harsh on SFT. So the guy doesn't know how to market, that doesn't mean his tune isn't legit. I'd be willing to try it, BUT my big hang-up is that 48k mi warranty they're issuing me for the AEM. My truck has 160k miles and in my heart of hearts, I KNOW something is going to fail in that time. So having that warranty is key. I'm not sure if either of the tunes will allow me to keep that warrantly w/o getting another ECU, as if I take it in for work, they'll overwrite the GDE tune. If I go SFT, they'll know it's tuned due to the flash count and I may lose the warranty altogether at the time I need it most. At least with GDE, I know I can get it REtuned by them for only $50, so that puts them ahead (given the tunes are similar). Maybe I should just get another ECU and flash it and put the stock one in when I need warranty work.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think everyone is a bit harsh on SFT. So the guy doesn't know how to market, that doesn't mean his tune isn't legit. I'd be willing to try it, BUT my big hang-up is that 48k mi warranty they're issuing me for the AEM. My truck has 160k miles and in my heart of hearts, I KNOW something is going to fail in that time. So having that warranty is key. I'm not sure if either of the tunes will allow me to keep that warrantly w/o getting another ECU, as if I take it in for work, they'll overwrite the GDE tune. If I go SFT, they'll know it's tuned due to the flash count and I may lose the warranty altogether at the time I need it most. At least with GDE, I know I can get it REtuned by them for only $50, so that puts them ahead (given the tunes are similar). Maybe I should just get another ECU and flash it and put the stock one in when I need warranty work.
My Thoughts exactly. I am happy to take the $3000 and the warranty, get the GDE Tune on a separate ECU from Co-Parts, and then IF I have an issue, I can swap the ECU out for warranty work. .

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
My Thoughts exactly. I am happy to take the $3000 and the warranty, get the GDE Tune on a separate ECU from Co-Parts, and then IF I have an issue, I can swap the ECU out for warranty work. .
What if I told you I had warranty work completed several times with a GDE ECM installed? Having an extra ECM is unnecessary.

FYI there is an additional charge should you send GDE a blank ECM for programming. It costs them to have the stock tune installed on a blank ECM in order for them to modify it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
True....But I have priced it out. I can get a used or blank ECU for around $200, and they charge $150 to program it. or, give them $500 for them to provide one...My way saves me $150 bucks :) As for need of a second, your probably right, but I just feel better having my stock tune for issues that FCU could void warrenty...Its just peace of mind :)

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
From this point forward, SFT will be known to me as the Jimmy Tune :D

A Jimmy Tune customer on FB is reporting 4-11mpg gains wow.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I am an admin on one Eco page and a Mod on another. Jimmy just went off and accused Keith of stealing his tunes. Jimmy has since deleted his posts. We were going to let it ride for a bit.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts