RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I am an admin on one Eco page and a Mod on another. Jimmy just went off and accused Keith of stealing his tunes. Jimmy has since deleted his posts. We were going to let it ride for a bit.
I saw that FB post. I had assumed the FB admins deleted it due to Jimmy’s vulgar name calling and the pure childishness of the post on what is supposed to be a performance group. I’m a firm believer that competition is good for the consumer but I now have the lowest possible opinion of SFT as a company. I plan on tuning my truck with the settlement money. I felt the SFT price point was compelling and was weighing the pros/cons vs the proven GDE hot tune, but I will never conduct business with a company/owner that acts the way i’ve seen SFT repeatedly act. Jimmy cemented that decision for me tonight with his absolute lack of professionalism. Keith i’ll be in touch as soon as I get my check!

And to those who are getting “30+ MPG @ 80MPH” with SFT tunes, good for you. And good luck selling that AZ ocean front property to someone else, i ain’t buying it.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
The Jimmy Tune is getting pushed extra hard today on FB for some reason, seems Jimmy is poking his customers to get the word out. Noticed one of the posters is also from Utah.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I deleted his post off the performance page still cant believe people buy from him.
I was waiting for it to show up on the other page, as that one, I don't have post approval turned on. I guess not enough traffic on that page for him to rant.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I deleted his post off the performance page still cant believe people buy from him.
I can easily believe people buy from him. Here's 5 reasons:

1-His prices are lower than his competitors.
2-His ECM & TCM tunes work (no evidence to the contrary)
3-He's the only one with an OBD handheld tuner
4-He supports his customers (no evidence to the contrary)
5-Most people buy the product for its reputation, not for the owner's reputation or personality.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I can easily believe people buy from him. Here's 5 reasons:

1-His prices are lower than his competitors.
2-His ECM & TCM tunes work (no evidence to the contrary)
3-He's the only one with an OBD handheld tuner
4-He supports his customers (no evidence to the contrary)
5-Most people buy the product for its reputation, not for the owner's reputation or personality.
1) It's not always about the price, and you get what you pay for
2) there is no evidence of what the tunes actually do. No description. No answer to regen interval.
3) handheld OBD programmers are not the cat's ass they're made out to be. They trip the flash counter which doesn't happen with a bench flash. Not as transparent
4)I got nothing
5) owner reputation and demeanor means a lot to me. I'm confident I'll never own a Jimmy Tune.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts