RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Laramie 1500 4x4 diesel sat in "final inspection" status for 8 days. It is now out of that status but will not ship until 3/22. I don't understand what they will do with it for a week while it sits at the Warren, MI assembly plant. Anyone have thoughts?

·
Registered
149 Posts
they have to many in line to be shipped and rail cars are getting backed up due to crude oil so the rail system will be slowing down our arrivals i would not expect your ship date to actually be then it may be longer

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here’s the conversation I had with customer service today.

Customer Service: Mr. Thoresen we show an ETA of 3/11.
Me: I see we are delayed on the ETA, do you have a new ETA?
Customer Service: No, we show no delays everything is good for an ETA of 3/11.
Me: You do realize the date is 3/19 right?
Customer Service: That’s all I have to give you right now you can call back in a week to see if the status has been updated.
Me: Thank you for an interesting customer experience.

·
Registered
396 Posts
that is bazar, I guess im glad they are customer service and not assembling the trucks.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Here’s the conversation I had with customer service today.

Customer Service: Mr. Thoresen we show an ETA of 3/11.
Me: I see we are delayed on the ETA, do you have a new ETA?
Customer Service: No, we show no delays everything is good for an ETA of 3/11.
Me: You do realize the date is 3/19 right?
Customer Service: That’s all I have to give you right now you can call back in a week to see if the status has been updated.
Me: Thank you for an interesting customer experience.
Classic!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I called today and basically same thing. I was supposed to be getting mine the 24th then the 27th now they say the 31st. They don't have a clue!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Glad to be local!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rail shipments are delayed in the mid-west due to weather and oil shipments. This is impacting coal, ethanol and many other commodities. The backlog is expected to start clearing up in early April. My RAM was built on 3/14 but is not shipping until 3/22. Sucks for all of us but will be well worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
There could be another reason....

From a member, on another board, who works for Ram..... He said that the final engine and trans calibration was just released on Tuesday. AND... there was another QC check that popped up in production. SO, they may have been delaying the deliveries on purpose. Just saying.

·
Registered
438 Posts
There could be another reason....

From a member, on another board, who works for Ram..... He said that the final engine and trans calibration was just released on Tuesday. AND... there was another QC check that popped up in production. SO, they may have been delaying the deliveries on purpose. Just saying.
Good, I'd rather them get it right then rush it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
One thing I forgot to mention. The truck build was finished around 2/28/14.... so that means the truck was sitting in the assembly plants lot or some other lot for a little over three weeks before shipping to the dealer. I heard that there is a log jam in shipping the trucks out because of the 8,000 unit initial order.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts