RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Vehicle descriptions in signature
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have been using SFT tunes since they started, however, they have made two changes that are causing me to shop for a new tuner.

1 -SFT stopped including the ability to go into cruise control below the RPM point of the stock tune. They said, "We have stopped offering this feature, it causes too many issues". While disappointed I never used that feature except to test if the SFT tune was in place. I can live with this change.

2-Then after the W58 (Tone Wheel) recall SFT's updated tune gave me the bad DEF EVIC messages and engine light when I installed distilled water. SFT sent me a corrected tune that corrected the problem, however, the DEF gauge no longer worked and the DEF pump no longer operates. I complained about that and SFT said, "We have stopped offering this feature, it causes to many issues". That change really upsets me as I want the DEF system to pump the water and I want to know the level of fluid in the tank like it did before the W58 updated tune. I can't live with this change.

I asked SFT to send a new tune with the DEF system operating. SFT replied, "we don't feel comfortable providing this feature anymore." So I am now shopping.

What tunes still include the lower RPM to engage Cruise Control and keep the DEF system working? I have asked MRT, HDDS and EcodieselUSA the same but to date have not received any answers.

Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
What is the minimum RPM the stock tune allows for cruise control to be set? What RPM are you wanting?

I've never heard of this as an option or a need, curious to learn more.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
What is the minimum RPM the stock tune allows for cruise control to be set? What RPM are you wanting?

I've never heard of this as an option or a need, curious to learn more.
Bounty, I owe you an apology. I was saying cruise control was connected to RPMs. Brain fart, I know better, I know that it is connected to speed. Stock I believe is 25 MPH, with a tune it is 15 or 18mph, I think different tunes vary on that, not sure.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moderator,
I apologize, I see my post should be under Garage/Mechanics/Tuning.
Feel free to change its location

·
Super Moderator
2016 SLT 4x4 Quadcab 3.53 with a cap
1,071 Posts
I don't think it had anything to do with engine rpm, rather speed. The OEM was set at 25 MPH regardless of rpm, the old GDE tune was 15 MPH. I'm going for a run into town tomorrow and will report back, I have the GDE-EPA tune now.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited by Moderator)
I don't think it had anything to do with engine rpm, rather speed. The OEM was set at 25 MPH regardless of rpm, the old GDE tune was 15 MPH. I'm going for a run into town tomorrow and will report back, I have the GDE-EPA tune now.
You are soo right, a Brain fart on my end. Thanks for the correction. I changed it.

• Haha
Reactions: Patroller8D

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Do not go with EcoDieselUSA thats randy at reckless and he is an absolute scam artist. But as far as tuning changes go almost everyone still doing these tunes uses optimal remaps, including sft. About the only company that could fill your wish is MrTuning and to get his tuning its best to go through EcoDieselOwnersCanada.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do not go with EcoDieselUSA thats randy at reckless and he is an absolute scam artist. But as far as tuning changes go almost everyone still doing these tunes uses optimal remaps, including sft. About the only company that could fill your wish is MrTuning and to get his tuning its best to go through EcoDieselOwnersCanada.
Thanks Broken,
I appreciate your views. Seems like Randy has definite pros and cons depending on who's reporting. Sorta like the pros and cons regarding Jimmy and SFT.

Why do you say go through EcoDieselOwnersCanada rather than the tuner (MRT)?

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Thanks Broken,
I appreciate your views. Seems like Randy has definite pros and cons depending on who's reporting. Sorta like the pros and cons regarding Jimmy and SFT.

Why do you say go through EcoDieselOwnersCanada rather than the tuner (MRT)?
Martin aka the owner of MRTuning is a small shop and english is not his first language. Him and Chris at teamed up and Ecodiesel Owners of Canada is the outcome. Chris is the salesman and personally owns and dailys an ecodiesel while running the products he sells. Its best to buy from Chris since he communicates best and provides the best customer support, it leaves Martin to doing what he does best.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Martin aka the owner of MRTuning is a small shop and english is not his first language. Him and Chris at teamed up and Ecodiesel Owners of Canada is the outcome. Chris is the salesman and personally owns and dailys an ecodiesel while running the products he sells. Its best to buy from Chris since he communicates best and provides the best customer support, it leaves Martin to doing what he does best.
Thanks, That makes sense, and it sounds like a good partnership.
The language barrier may be why Martin has not responded to my inquiry. That said, neither has HDDS nor Randy.

·
Vendor
1,420 Posts
This is interesting. SFT (Jimmy) lifted the GDE tune 2.5 years ago. Now that new software was released from Ram/Jeep, those old tunes do not work and they clearly do not know how to calibrate on their own. GDE was the only company with lower cruise speed limits, until other companies copied it. I doubt MRtune has the lower cruise speed, they use optimal remap as well.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, it seems SFT can't fix issue, so they drop the feature.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Any recommendations?
[/QUOTE]
I'm confused you're a long standing member @John Jensen -> @johnfjensen.1 why the new registration?

Reactions: John Jensen

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any recommendations?
I'm confused you're a long standing member @John Jensen -> @johnfjensen.1 why the new registration?
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for seeing that Joe,
I'm confused now also. I thought all I did was change my email address, not my user name. Just tried to change it, I am unable. Hopefully a moderator will change it back or advise.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Thanks for seeing that Joe,
I'm confused now also. I thought all I did was change my email address, not my user name. Just tried to change it, I am unable. Hopefully a moderator will change it back or advise.
[/QUOTE]
You're logged into a newly created profile, this one doesn't reflect all your prior history as they are not linked. @Crash68 @VernDiesel @97hmcs @Mopar73340 @BlueMerleBC maybe they can help or you can just send $$$ @97hmcs could use a new hickory stick to redirect forum trolls 😆

Reactions: John Jensen

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Adding two more items

3-I have since noticed my exhaust manifold temps (EGT1 sensor) are higher when under load, specifically running empty, 70mph on a mountain freeway. EGT1 temp was rocking between 1000 and 1265 degrees.

4-When I asked SFT if they would buy back my tuner, they said, "We don't buy back handheld devices or transfer ownership." That change makes me a fool for telling SFT owners SFT did do transfers and how to go about it.

This is not to bash SFT, it is merely to share my experience with SFT owners.
I can no longer recommend SFT. I'm shopping.

Reactions: JohnnyMac

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,566 Posts
I'm confused now also. I thought all I did was change my email address, not my user name.
You shouldn't be able to change your username. I sent you a PM.
I can try merging the two and hopefully you'll be back to normal.

·
Administrator
9,907 Posts
Thanks, That makes sense, and it sounds like a good partnership.
The language barrier may be why Martin has not responded to my inquiry. That said, neither has HDDS nor Randy.
John, You can just login under your old/original credentials and be back to your old self. Of course your current 11 posts will remain as is.

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,566 Posts
You can just login under your old/original credentials and be back to your old self. Of course your current 11 posts will remain as is.
I merged him so that other profile is gone. Not sure how to update his email address though.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts