RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
After taking delivery of my 5 gallons of T6, I put in another order for 5 gallons. A few days later, I received an email saying that my order was canceled with no explanation, so I called Tractor Supply. The lady said the warehouse canceled the order due to the fact they had over 750+ gallons of online customer orders and no way to fill those orders.

Yikes......this will cause a frenzy. I stocked up last year with about 15 gallons on hand.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yikes......this will cause a frenzy. I stocked up last year with about 15 gallons on hand.
And that is why there is a shortage. 15 gallons is enough for 7 oil changes or 70,000 miles.

Reactions: MAS

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
I've got a total of 8 gallons of T6 on hand.

I also ordered 18 quarts of Pennzoil Platinum for my 2020. That stuff isn't cheap, but I found the best price on Amazon. It came out to be $129.84 (before taxes), or $129.84 for 4.5 gallons, or $28.85 per gallon, or $7.21 per quart

·
Registered
212 Posts
I went to my local O'Reilly's and sure enough, they were out of T6. However, they did have a Mobil 1 full synthetic 5W-40 truck and turbo-diesel oil that meets or exceeds all of the necessary API specs for the Ecodiesel. It was $32/gallon which was not cheap, but not knowing when the T6 oil will be available led me to buy 3 gallons. My truck is due for an oil change so I really didn't want to wait any longer. Has anyone else used this oil? It seems like it is a viable alternative to the Shell Rotella T6 oil.

·
Registered
819 Posts
My Canadian Tire store locally has 7 19.6l pails on hand There is another 35-40 available within a 40 km drive. Price has gone up since I last bought by about $10 regular price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I always call an oil jobber. They are the guys that deliver diesel and fuel oil. They normally have t6 and also if you have your own jug, t6 bulk. They are saviors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ive checked everywhere and I guess Im going to have to order it online and wait up to a week.
This Covid nonsense is starting to pi$$ me off. Actually its been doing that for a long time now.
Tractor Supply Company (TSC) is the cheapest in the 2.5-Gallon container. (and my sister-in-law just died from that nonsense).

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
To be fair, I think @tommyg29 was referring to the shutdowns and paying people to stay at home which caused massive shipping delays and empty shelves.

·
Registered
2020 Ram 4x2 Eco Gen III, Laramie crew, air susp. DSA rear end, barn door tail gate
141 Posts
If I may make a suggestion, there is a company in Pennsylvania called Petroleum Service Company, when I first purchased my Gen II 2016 eco, I found a Kendall product with these folks in both 5-30 and 5-40 that met Chrysler specs... then when T-6 came out, Chrysler suggested it to be used, pricing came down, started buying T-6 locally through NAPA, wally world, and farm store and Wix filters through O'Reily's and Napa Gold filters, made by WIX... Now, the other good thing about PSC, if you remember last years artic blast that froze up a lot of folks, Power Services additives were difficult to come by for cetane boost and anti gelling.... so, if you're living down South, most of y'all in Texas will not find this stuff laying around on retail shelves... order it by the case from PSC, the more you order, it seems the freight (S&H) is cheaper, but, under the present political circumstances, who knows... I have also found for the new Gen III Eco's, Valvoline makes a product with Chrysler # on it also... found it through a NAPA store... if you're a vet, NAPA does discount it a bit, even when they have a sale on the product...Y'all have a great day, winter is coming, again... dam

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Picked up some stuff from Princess Auto today (Canadian version of Harbor Freight). Even they have stock of T6 on the shelves.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Even Amazon Canada is showing it in stock with Prime delivery on Monday if ordered today (Friday). Are these shortages only USA supply chain problems?
The Amazon price is $10 a gallon cheaper than Princess Auto.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Even Amazon Canada is showing it in stock with Prime delivery on Monday if ordered today (Friday). Are these shortages only USA supply chain problems?
The Amazon price is $10 a gallon cheaper than Princess Auto.
I don't think there's a shortage of T6 in the USA. As a matter of fact, I don't think Tractor Supply would have advertised T6 at a sale price if there was a shortage. The problem seems to be shipping. People are buying T6 faster than it can be delivered, and we already know that deliveries are backed up to the moon on many things. If people are patient, and methodical in their search, they will find T6.

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
I don't think there's a shortage of T6 in the USA.
I believe there is a shortage in the USA. I looked for it in a lot of the usual places several weeks ago and it's all gone. I even mentioned something to my local parts store guy and he was well aware of the shortage. This was before I initially posted my concerns of the shortage.

Now I did find it locally. Not at my normal spot, the local farm supply, where I get it in 2.5gal jugs. Found it in the local home improvement stores.

It might be regional shortages, why some are having better luck finding it. But it's in short supply in the St. Louis area.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts