RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a 2016 ram eco diesel at a local dealership seems really nice the bed is lined already has weather techs and a tonneau cover already and it is pretty decently priced the only catch that’s holding me is it has 118k miles already but I’m just torn on should I wait or hop on this one, also if you look at the KBB it has 12 recalls on it I looked up the vin and it said there was only one recall on it so I just need some opinions on the matter!

·
Registered
450 Posts
IS KBB listing all the recalls? The VIN lookup will only show open ones. There should be 1 open for the EGR cooler . IF rest of truck is sound and price is right I would get it. My 2015 has 120,000 miles with no issues. Others have had different results - but that is true of any truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IS KBB listing all the recalls? The VIN lookup will only show open ones. There should be 1 open for the EGR cooler . IF rest of truck is sound and price is right I would get it. My 2015 has 120,000 miles with no issues. Others have had different results - but that is true of any truck.
Yep the kbb is listing all of them there is the one open one for the EGR and that’s it other than that it seemed pretty sound on the test drive just skeptical seen a lot of different reviews and opinions

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep the kbb is listing all of them there is the one open one for the EGR and that’s it other than that it seemed pretty sound on the test drive just skeptical seen a lot of different reviews and opinions
And if buying a truck with 118k miles would be a foolish idea or not?

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
My 2014 Eco also had 114,000 on it when I moved to a Cummins. Delightful and miss it at times today. Now I had it tuned by GDE and that sure kept things straight. Take a test ride and see if the cruise control works below 25 mph. Say 15-20 mph. Might be tuned also.

Check to see if you might get any warranty also. Look under the front lip of the hood and see if it has a sticker showing the AEM tuning modification was done. If so, when? That cam with an additional 40,000 mile warranty. If not, get it done and get that extra warranty. Then later you can get the new EGR system on a recall also.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Get the dealership to print you off a Carfax for it. That way you can see any major repairs that have been done to it. Then use your own best judgement, follow your gut feelings!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts