RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1004 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'm really enjoying this thread and love to see what people are pulling with their Ecos. I would really be interested if people could edit their posts to include what type of suspension they have (air ride or standard coil over) and also their gear ratio. These 2 items would relate to what I'm seeing in the photos. I have lots of photos of my previous Rams pulling a variety of travel trailers and boats but won't be hooking up our new Eco until next month heading to Florida.

For future posters ..... please include suspension and gear ratio info .... thanks :)

·
Registered
938 Posts
IMGP2241.JPG
Air ride with 3.55. My Laramie Longhorn at the location that was "The Battle of the Little Bighorn".

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have 3.55 with air suspension....tows like a dream. No pics yet with my tandem 16ft enclosed v-nose.

10710757_10152887320681742_8233753386398167718_n.jpg
10678657_10152868891391742_4283048147683075460_n.jpg

·
Registered
138 Posts
Here's mine, very dirty from a road trip over snowy passes, with either trailer that might be behind it depending on that day's job. 14' enclosed weighs about 5000 pounds with tools ladders etc inside, dump is a 6x10 2200 unloaded, 7500 or so when hauling shingles or other heavy refuse. I have 4x4, 3.55s and crew longer bed. Tows great, with tow/haul activated, and averaged 27mpg (no trailer, just people and luggage) on aforementioned road trip of 2200 miles to Portland OR and back, that's with mostly interstate speeds at 75mph, and at least 8 mountain passes total there and back. image.jpg

·
Registered
189 Posts
You didn't happen to take a picture your 3D towing the dead Ford heavy duty did you? ;)
Well it's funny you ask.Since I used to be a Ford lover,I still have many friends that own Fords whose toes I try not to step on.One in particular had a hard time when I went Hemi Ram over a Ford EB two years ago and got down right nasty about it.It wasn't until I got this ED that he's finally came to grips with what a rig these Rams are and has stopped the hate(mostly).
When the owner of the dead Ford wanted to take a picture when I was pulling it and post it on Face book,I asked him not to with my truck.He's also a relative of the rabid Ford lover/Ram hater and I didn't want to awaken him or bring any bad karma to my new Ram.
Now the funny part.When his dad towed the dead truck to a Ford dealer with his Ram,we had to go past a Ram dealer that is right across the road.Wouldn't you know it,the stop light turned red and while he waited for it to change,a Ram salesman ran out and snapped some pics of the dead Ford being towed by the piddly Ram 1500.Of course,the pics showed up on face book,the Ford boys were not impressed and I was innocent of it all.
The excuse from the BOB's(Blue Oval Buddy's) was"It's not the trucks fault,everyone knows the 6.0 diesel motor is junk".

I sure hope I never have to use this excuse with this or any of my trucks.

Now,as for the dead Ford,It's been going well since getting a new EGR cooler and also the oil cooler replaced just to be safe.It's owner tried to get a little help on the repair bill($2200) since it had been to the same dealer for extensive head gasket replacement by the former owner just 600 miles earlier.He got some sympathy but didn't have any luck with the bill.
He tried to trade for a new Ram 2500 at the dealer across the road but couldn't get much for trade,even though the Ford only has 54k miles.The Ram salesman joked he'd seen some pretty unflattering pictures of the Ford.Now that's funny right there:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's mine, 2014 ECOD Laramie Crew Cab Short Bed with 4x4, 3.55 gears, and coil suspension. Just made a trip from south Florida to Northern Virginia towing my 78 Mustang approximately 1000 miles. IMG_20141212_090651_072.jpg
The trailer and the car weigh about 5300 lbs and then I had the bed loaded the the brim with about 1000 lbs of car parts and tools. The Truck pulled like a dream and I couldn't even tell it was back there, besides it being a little rougher of a ride due to the suspension sag. The trip there I averaged 19.2 MPG (hand calc) loaded with an average speed of 70 MPH and the return trip I averaged 26.5 (hand calc) unloaded.
IMG_20141212_115918_164.jpg
Looking to get air bags soon to help with any future towing. Besides the rear end sag, the Eco diesel was a dream to tow with and got awesome MPG.
IMG_20141212_092716_379.jpg

·
Banned
627 Posts
Hey mustang78, I have a full complete set of the original factory manuals on your 78 mustang, That was my first car I restored to original back in '98 Ive had this collection since then just sitting around, it is 4 volumes and not the cheap Haynes or chiltons manuals, but every detail of every system in the car, If your interested. Ive never had the heart to throw them away.
I did install solid motor mounts on my custom 302 and got 1" of air under the left front tire. ;)

21 - 40 of 1004 Posts