RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1001 - 1017 of 1017 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Thought it would be fun to see other ED's in their element. I know it isn't a big trailer, but she is hooked most weekends throughout the riding season (march-october)
Here it is sitting it a muddy cornfield. While the stock SRA's are for road use I have to say they've been pretty good getting out of slimy pits.

View attachment 84640

View attachment 84641
I pulled this after installing the factory trailer brake to see how it does.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
I pulled this after installing the factory trailer brake to see how it does.

BGB - any idea how much weight this was - I'd guess it has to be close to 9,000lbs

How far did you end up towing the CAT loader? and how the EcoDiesel handle the weight?

·
Registered
746 Posts
BGB - any idea how much weight this was - I'd guess it has to be close to 9,000lbs

How far did you end up towing the CAT loader? and how the EcoDiesel handle the weight?
The machine is 8k, trailer I assume is 3 to 4k. Factory trailer brake is what I was testing, it works great. Waaaaay too much weight for the truck. Once it's going it pulls it pretty well but it's too heavy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Off road goodness

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts

Our babies are inside

·
Super Moderator
3,256 Posts
PapaCap is that air suspension set all the way up?

·
Registered
396 Posts
The photo appears the truck is lower in the back but measured from the ground to the top of the inner arch of the fender measure the same front and back. 32 psi in the bags. Towed from PORTLAND, OR to Seattle with the gross weight of the trailer being about 4,000 lbs yielded 14.5MPG with wet roads while raining most of the way. Thought I’d get a little better mileage but that’s still 50% better than my old Yukon Denali.

1001 - 1017 of 1017 Posts