RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1081 - 1100 of 1101 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
This was last weekend pulling a rented 30ft Toyhauler to the Superstitions to RZR ride for a few days while camping. 2017 ED Laramie 4x4 with 4inch BDS lift and blistering 5100s..GDE, with Trans+Engine brake 3.92 rear end..and AirLift 5000 ultimate air bags..TH was 6400 dry, 800lbs of water, propane, 2000lbs of 4 seat RZR, 500 lbs of camping gear, 240 lbs of extra fuel, etc..a little over 10,000, tongue at 1000. The AirLift 5000 system kept the whole rig level and firm, the pic looks rear down, but the rear wheels were parked in a small wash out and front going up a slight incline, on blacktop it was level running 55lbs in the Airlift 5000 system. The rig handled this very well, power was a non issue, with the 3.92 rear and in tow-haul mode wiith the engine brake was very manageable. This load was to me at the top of end of capability for the ED even set up as solid as this truck is, for longer trips and thru mountains I would say a 2500 is a safer rig, would the EcoD do it..yes…would I go climb mountains with it..no. Like the other post from Watson earlier this was the only one we could get to rent. This was 50 mile both ways tow on flat ground across Phoenix to the superstitions, so an easy tow for this truck under these conditions. View attachment 91347
Very nice to see. My TH is very similar, 30' and 6600# dry. Put the Rzr in it for the first time this past weekend for a trip to the Badlands in Indiana. Had my Honda 700xx in front of the Rzr. Scaled right at 10k and pulled well with my 3.55 truck and MRtuning tune from EOC. I'm used to pulling about 8k with quads so the Rzr is new territory lol.

Also had an atv in the bed of my longbed Laramie and 2 English Mastiffs in the back seat so total weight was 17,160.

Reactions: DATA and biodiesel

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
My TH is very similar, 30' and 6600# dry.

Also had an atv in the bed of my longbed Laramie and 2 English Mastiffs in the back seat so total weight was 17,160.
No pics?

·
Super Moderator
4,024 Posts
That’s giving her a workout. :cool: There is people that would be afraid to tow that with a 2500.:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Bounty Hunter

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
I've been using the Equal-i-zer hitch since 2006. I now have an Equal-i-zer for each truck. It's the only WDH I've owned, so I can't compare it to others. It does an amazing job with weight distribution and anti-sway. I've got dual batteries and dual 30-gallon bottles on the front of my trailer.

·
Registered
518 Posts
52,000 miles on truck so far. ... 🇺🇲👍🍻
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Super Moderator
4,024 Posts
My son in law has almost exactly the same trailer. Fully loaded with water for boone docking it weighed 8k including tongue weight. With the aero nose and spread axles it towed great. Well naturally I also had the axle weights and tongue weight set well. The patented body won't delaminate either. This why Forrest River bought them,

Reactions: KRom

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 4x4 Bighorn CC/SB EcoDiesel
117 Posts
While not anywhere near as impressive as most others on this thread, this little popup is the reason for our EcoDiesel purchase, and all the above posts give me some peace of mind for our future "grownup" camper possibilities.
3300-ish pounds, just heavy enough to warrant it's own license plate and electric braking system. Maxine pulled her 45 miles from storage to home averaging upper teens for mileage doing 70 mph most of the way without the overburdened struggles of our previous Family Truckster 3.8 V6 Hyundai Veracruz, none of the roaring gas V8 drama of last year's loaner 5.3L GMC Sierra, and better MPGs than our friends' 3.5L F-150 EcoBoost.
Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
@DrivingZiggy, what size of trailer is that? I would like to order an 18' or 20' foot enclosed trailer. I want e-track on the floor and wall.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
@DrivingZiggy, what size of trailer is that? I would like to order an 18' or 20' foot enclosed trailer. I want e-track on the floor and wall.
7x14. I was actually looking for a 7x16, but couldn't pass on the deal. The local dealer was selling them for $9500 and I picked this one up at the factory for $6300 in Georgia. Enclosed Cargo Trailers | Enclosed & Custom Trailers Made in the USA Erin was my salesperson. So, if you're up for a road trip you can save some $.

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
7x14. I was actually looking for a 7x16, but couldn't pass on the deal. The local dealer was selling them for $9500 and I picked this one up at the factory for $6300 in Georgia. Enclosed Cargo Trailers | Enclosed & Custom Trailers Made in the USA Erin was my salesperson. So, if you're up for a road trip you can save some $.
I'm always open for a road trip. Thanks for the recommendation. I've already spoken to Erin! I'll review the options and go from there. She said they could get my trailer built by June, which is much quicker than what my local trailer dealer can do for me. I was told about a 12 month wait time.

Reactions: DrivingZiggy

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
I've been working on a landscape project.

·
Registered
2018 Ram 1500 4X4 Laramie
17 Posts
So I’d posted last august about towing a rented toy hauler that ended up being 10,700lbs, way over the 7600 claimed on the add.

Today, with the fuel warning lamp on and DEF almost empty I weighed the truck again.
and it was 6650lbs vs the claimed 5680lbs for a crew cab, 6’4 box 4x4 slt.

extras:
Truck cap - claimed 220lbs by manufacturers
17’ wheels and 315/70r17 bfg k02’s.
200lb driver.

So where does the almost 1000lb difference come from??

front axle was 3750lbs, only 150lbs from the max axle rating with one passenger in the vehicle!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I've been working on a landscape project.

Nice how do you like that cordless compressor?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Ram 1500 4X4 Laramie
17 Posts
Is the 6740 with tongue weight included, or just your truck and gear/passengers?

What was your tongue weight?

Here's my new personal max. No hiccups

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1081 - 1100 of 1101 Posts