RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1141 - 1160 of 1176 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
2500 pound Bass Tracker
5,000 pound travel trailer
Nice boat. I had a green/black 18.5’ Tracker for some years. It was a great aluminum boat. Caught many of fish from it and is something I wish I never sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DPF Delete, EGR Stage2, EOC Stage2, Timbren bumps, Straight Pipe, 6' 4" box
341 Posts
Still no CAT scale weights but found a commercial scale on way home from a recent camping trip and seemed accurate enough for me. These weights are missing 2 - 5gallon empty gas cans and 50gal of water. So let's say maybe 750lbs extra?

Both trailers hooked up
1590kg steer axle
1750kg drive axle
2340kg 5th wheel
620kg utility trailer

Unhitched from both
1610kg steer axle
1240 drive axle

Wheel Tire Sky Plant Cloud

Car Wheel Sky Plant Land vehicle

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 4x4 Bighorn CC/SB EcoDiesel
144 Posts
Still no CAT scale weights but found a commercial scale on way home from a recent camping trip and seemed accurate enough for me. These weights are missing 2 - 5gallon empty gas cans and 500gal of water. So let's say maybe 750lbs extra?

Both trailers hooked up
1590kg steer axle
1750kg drive axle
2340kg 5th wheel
620kg utility trailer

Unhitched from both
1610kg steer axle
1240 drive axle

View attachment 92617

View attachment 92616
1 gal of gasoline = apx 6 lbs
1 gallon of water = apx 8 lbs
500 gallons of water = apx 4000(!) lbs...

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I did some work at the property last week.

·
Registered
138 Posts
my towing .........
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
3,836 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Towing with the Sequoia since the wife is spooked about my truck’s reliability after the last trip.
I can't blame your wife completely, but hopefully the EcoDiesel will regain her trust eventually. (y)

Reactions: Top and keiths487vs

·
Super Moderator
4,083 Posts
Anything mechanical has issues from time to time. She looks level. Big heavy long wheel base they probably both tow her well. What motor is in the Sequoia?

·
Registered
2014 Lonestar EcoDiesel 4X4
2,034 Posts
I can't blame your wife completely, but hopefully the EcoDiesel will regain her trust eventually. (y)
Yeah I hope so too. I haven’t told her aboutthe tone wheel thing. She did see the recall for the HPFP and asked what would happen if it quit. 🌞
Anything mechanical has issues from time to time. She looks level. Big heavy long wheel base they probably both tow her well. What motor is in the Sequoia?
Yes you’re right about that, Vern. I’m sure Toyotas break down, it just hasn’t ever been OUR Toyota. Yet anyway.
It has the 5.7l. Tows the trailer fine.
11mpg at 65mph

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Yeah I hope so too. I haven’t told her aboutthe tone wheel thing. She did see the recall for the HPFP and asked what would happen if it quit. 🌞
I'm not worried about the CP4 pump, but I was worried about the tone wheel. Thankfully mine failed, finally, so I got that out of the way. :cool: You're at the right mileage for yours to fail, too. I was going down a steep long grade and the RPMS shot up quickly when the truck downshifted, that's when mine failed. It seems like many fail when the truck is in a high RPM situation (hard acceleration).

Reactions: Top

·
Super Moderator
4,083 Posts
That is a big long trailer for a 1/2 ton. You must have invested in your truck and applied what was shared. (y)

Reactions: Bounty Hunter

·
Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DPF Delete, EGR Stage2, EOC Stage2, Timbren bumps, Straight Pipe, 6' 4" box
341 Posts
Not a Diesel but my 2019 Ram1500 Hemi.

I though I would share since believe it or not I have learned a lot from this forum. Andersen WDH, Timber grove Air Bags and two finger steering, :p.

I towed my sons 38ft camper 130 miles one way for him.

View attachment 92911
The ol hemi must of been revving high on any hill with that kind of weight!

·
Registered
23 Posts
The ol hemi must of been revving high on any hill with that kind of weight!
No revving, all flat land. Probably the biggest grade would be the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, luckily for me traffic was slow, 45 mph. Which I was happy with pulling a 38 ft sail. Was in 7th gear most of the way, occasionally down shifted to 6th gear. All operating Temperature where normal, I seen higher towing my 22ft 5k+ TT
Ok

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
I've towed plenty with the Hemi, and it flat screams to do the same work the EcoDiesel does all day long at 2500rpm. I can't imaging using any OD gear when towing with a Hemi, especially at that weight and the wind you're pulling.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes definitely a sail vs weight. I got 10 mpg towing said rig vs my travel trailer maybe would have been 11.5 on same trip and speed vs a double axle horse trailer loaded with furniture I got 17 mpg on same trip.

Funny you mentioned RPM (y). At 65 in 7th gear I turn 2,200 RPM which I definitely believe it makes my oil and transmission temperature run hotter than 8 gear while towing. But I always use tow mode which pretty much limits gear to 7th.

1141 - 1160 of 1176 Posts