RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1161 - 1176 of 1176 Posts

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Funny you mentioned RPM (y). At 65 in 7th gear I turn 2,200 RPM which I definitely believe it makes my oil and transmission temperature run hotter than 8 gear while towing. But I always use tow mode which pretty much limits gear to 7th.
7th is an overdrive gear as well, and I wouldn't use it.

·
Registered
2015 RAM 1500 CC 4x4
5,546 Posts
I and many others tow in 7th all the time. Tow haul mode seems to indicate it’s fine with stock and aftermarket engine and transmission tuning. 132,000 miles of flawless oil analysis and no issues… but it does explain why you continuously report lower fuel economy than others and question it.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: TexasJoe

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Reactions: VernDiesel

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
To be fair, I think Bounty Hunter is referring to towing super heavy loads (at or over max load), which is why he made the 6th gear reference. Those of us who are not towing max load can enjoy 7th gear.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
I've come to the conclusion that Bounty Hunter is the only individual with experience towing. Everyone else is incorrect.
Not a very polite attitude.

This what I get for simply stating "I wouldn't use it"?

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Right back atcha. You are far from the most knowledgeable person on here, I suggest stop judging others setups without knowing all the details.
Never claim to be. You must stay busy with all the chips on your shoulder on social media. Bet you're fun at parties.

1161 - 1176 of 1176 Posts