RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Just wanted to share an update. I submitted my claim in May of 2019. When I filled out the settlement paperwork I opted to recieve a single check instead of two different checks. The settlement package was accepted in August 2019 so the only part remaining was for FCA to verify that the previous owner of my truck had not submitted a claim. Today I checked the status and I finally see a green check and a status message of. "Fiat Chrysler has determined that no eligible former owner or former lessees has submitted a valid claim related to your vehicle. Fiat Chrysler has sent your second settlement check to the mailing address listed on your claim form." It's interesting that the status says a second check was mailed even though I opted for a single check but that is probably just bad development work on the people that made the website.
In any case it appears that those of you that opted for a single check and did not get changed to two checks might be getting presents in their mail soon.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
that is the kind of mistake they will notice in the future ,
if you already had the $3075 , and then receive the second check ,
expect to get a letter later asking you to pay back the money sent by mistake ,
your call in the end .......

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are you talking about? I asked for a single check and am just now seeing that it's in the mail.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
the way I read it ,
you already received the $3075 , and now a second check was sent ( $990 ) ,
as in the 2 check method , 2085 + 990 ,
are you saying you did not receive anything since the May 2019 claim , and are finally getting your money ???
that would mean IF you asked for the 2 checks method , you would have received 2085 earlier ,
but since you asked for the 1 check , they withheld the whole amount until determined there was no previous owner claim .

·
Registered
740 Posts
Check is in the mail, hmmm. Heard that many times when I was in business! Don't spend it all in one place.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my check yesterday. This ordeal is now over for me, thankfully. Good luck to those that are still waiting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts