RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a Ram forum... but there's so much more activity here than on Jeep forums, I thought I'd see if anyone here had any thoughts on my issue...

Developed a weird problem today. Both turn signals are very slow and blinking rate seems slightly irregular. Same with hazard flashers. Also noticed the light in the PRND/S of the gear shifter was flickering while driving.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

2014 JGC Overland EcoDiesel

·
Registered
654 Posts
Slow or very fast blinkers are usually associated with poor grounds. Your JGC is 6 years old, how old is your battery? Could be due for a change. I would start with cleaning all ground cables and lub with dielectric grease on re-assemble.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Could also be as simple as a bad flasher. The two issues may or may not be related. Worth a try, flashers are cheap.

·
Super Moderator
4,167 Posts
I'll second the: How old is the battery? and is it getting weak?
The blinkers on these vehicles all go through the BCM, so bad grounds at the lights would probably cause hyper blinking (bulb out indication) and there is no blinker relay used like in older vehicles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey all.. thanks for the replies. Bad/dying battery was my thought. But, voltage reading fine and no issues starting or running things that you would think would draw more juice (lift gate). Also.. when I got back in after work, everything worked as normal. And again working normally today. Now leaning toward a bad ground somewhere. That said, battery is probably the original and could likely stand to be replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts