RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what point is it too late to switch the order?

I ordered an SLT, with all options, and I think I would have been better off getting the Big Horn.

I ordered at the end of February, dealer hasn't given me a build date/VIN yet.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I tried to change my order a week after placing it. Couldn't do it. I was only trying to add factory running boards.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer told me I could but it would have to be a brand new order. Not sure I want to lose my place in the build waiting line. Is it worth it to get the BH instead of the SLT?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
It depends, the only thing I could see different assuming you got an SLT with 'decor' group was chrome vs silver 20" wheels, auto mode on the 4x4 switch, running/step boards and the Big Horn badges. I personally couldn't justify the extra few thou.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Big Horn also has the availability of the bucket seats in the front. At least that's according to my booklet I picked up from the dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I priced the BH out, it actually came out to the same price. Higher base price, but less options to add. I'll go see the dealer on Tuesday and figure it out.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fireboy, when you built it, was that an option you could add at the dealership? On the build and price part of the ram website it does not give the option of buckets on the SLT. that's the only reason i am looking at the big horn is the bucket seats and center console.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just to be clear, in Canada we can only get an SLT with buckets in an ED. It's different up here for some strange reason.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Fireboy, when you built it, was that an option you could add at the dealership? On the build and price part of the ram website it does not give the option of buckets on the SLT. that's the only reason i am looking at the big horn is the bucket seats and center console.

When I built it at the dealer it showed buckets and centre console as $1000 option but was blacked out and could not get it. That was august I believe. Must have been a shortage of some sort. I had to delay my order due to a family issue. Went back to dealer in mid November and they found the truck I wanted 350kms away. SLT with the buckets. Wonder why they have restrictions for US models.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Decided to stick with the SLT, the wheel on the BH are actually chrome clad, which is basically chromed plastic!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I didn't think this was worth starting a new thread over but i got my window sticker today and i thought the big horn with luxury package had power folding mirrors but my window sticker says manual. No That big of a deal, I wouldn't have paid extra for them I just thought I got them.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Decided to stick with the SLT, the wheel on the BH are actually chrome clad, which is basically chromed plastic!
What's wrong with that? I've had chrome wheels, that the aluminum under the chrome started to corrode. In turn... the chrome discolored, and peeled. That doesn't happen on plastic.

Plus... when they look bad... you can pull the plastic off, and polish the aluminum under it for a new look.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I didn't think this was worth starting a new thread over but i got my window sticker today and i thought the big horn with luxury package had power folding mirrors but my window sticker says manual. No That big of a deal, I wouldn't have paid extra for them I just thought I got them.

It should. But the "SLT" that it starts from has manual mirrors. (unless you got the towing mirrors)

****EDIT****

I just looked at my window sticker, and it reads like it will have manual folding mirror. BUT... on page 5 of my build sheet... it clearly says "Power folding Mirrors."

·
Registered
396 Posts
I did not get tow mirrors.
I was showing a guy at work and he said "manual folding mirrors " I said no under options it should say power but it doesn't it says Luxury group manual folding mirrors.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
read the edit above.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Cool, I can't tread my build sheet yet. I saw on the other forum it may take a bay or two. I'm sure its fine but if that is the worse thing that happens I'll be alright.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Cool, I can't tread my build sheet yet. I saw on the other forum it may take a bay or two. I'm sure its fine but if that is the worse thing that happens I'll be alright.
You can also email customer service and they will email back with a build sheet that includes all the codes.

I was also taken aback by the "Power Multi-Function Mirrors with Manual Fold-Away" on my window sticker. No mention of power folding at all. That would be a no-go for us.

However, the build sheet has 7 different side mirror codes including, "LERP Power Folding Mirrors." So, I assume it has power-folding mirrors. I will certainly do a complete inspection before taking delivery. Assuming it ever arrives. :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts