RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use these? Contrary to the description they perfectly fit my 2017 mirrors. VERY easy to install...takes about 5 seconds. They are a nice snug fit. Haven’t tested on the road yet but will soon and report back. They even come in a nice 2 compartment bag to safely store them.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Me. I have used them for four years now. Bought them in July 2016, five months after I picked up my new Ecod. They fit perfectly and work very well. I was afraid of "shake" blurring the image, but they are pretty good.
My feedback would be five stars on 'em.

·
Registered
2017 1500 Tradesman Ecodiesel 4x4 Quad Cab 3.55 Gears
873 Posts
I used to use those on my 1994 GMC c1500, the side mirrors were tiny compared to newer trucks. They worked fine and well enough, but they do stick out there.

We were towing through the tunnel outside of Chelan, Washington, passed an oncoming vehicle, WHACK, and the mirror was gone. Good thing they are cheap!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to use those on my 1994 GMC c1500, the side mirrors were tiny compared to newer trucks. They worked fine and well enough, but they do stick out there.

We were towing through the tunnel outside of Chelan, Washington, passed an oncoming vehicle, WHACK, and the mirror was gone. Good thing they are cheap!
ive thought about that. Lucky I have electrical folding mirrors so I can easily retract them in a “pinch”.

·
Registered
322 Posts
We have them for our 2016 Town & Country and they work great. In before I picked up my ED (and part of the reason I finally did) 2017, we took a 2400 mile trip with our van and a small travel trailer with those mirrors and didn't have any issues with them.

·
Super Moderator
4,153 Posts
Another one that uses them, and they work well even with a trailer that's 32' long behind you. I don't think they stick out any further that the factory tow mirrors when they're flipped up/out.

If you don't have them already, considering buying a set of Wadestar RM10 Blindspots mirrors for the truck mirrors themselves. Aside from when you don't have the clip on tow mirrors on, they're helpful when towing also.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you don't have them already, considering buying a set of Wadestar RM10 Blindspots mirrors for the truck mirrors themselves. Aside from when you don't have the clip on tow mirrors on, they're helpful when towing also.
Already have em.:cool: Those little mirrors are awesome. $20 on Amazon...I rely on them for blind spot viewing every time I drive the ED.

·
Registered
13,206 Posts
The ones I have used for literally decades are like that but not the same. They have straps that go from top of the main mirror to the bottom hooking on what looks to be the same clips going into the factory mirror. They work fine and shaking is not really an issue.

Now am noticing the model you are showing was not listed as something that would work past the 2011 Ram model year.

My new truck has those "flip-out" towing mirrors. Tomorrow I use them for the first time to toy my toy hauler. Guessing upon return I will have no further use for the old mirrors. Shame. They sure worked for a long time.

·
Super Moderator
4,153 Posts
Those little mirrors are awesome. $20 on Amazon...I rely on them for blind spot viewing every time I drive the ED.
Wade the owner of Wadestar Products is great person to deal with. More business owners need to conduct business the way he does. The first version of the mirrors didn't work right for both the dimming and non dimming mirrors. He redesigned them to the current version and sent out replacements for the first version.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts