RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ram Ecodiesel Scorcher module teaser.JPG

Bringing you guys a sneak peek of the upcoming aFe POWER Scorcher models for the RAM EcoDiesels. Snagged a pic of a testing unit from the engineering department (excuse the scratches, it's been installed over and over), we have been testing this for over a month daily driving with impressive results! No drivability issues, more power and works with the latest RAM dealer updates. This module will increase boost and fuel pressure (well within safe limits) and has a noticeable increase in horsepower.

This module is designed with plug and play connectors, and we are looking at ways to make the installation extremely easy (we understand some will want to remove it before dealership services, etc).

Will also work very well in conjunction with the aFe Stage 2 Intake and Mach FORCE Exhaust system for even more power. More information coming soon!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Any plans for an Eco setting?

Ball park price range for the unit?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any plans for an Eco setting?

Ball park price range for the unit?
That I know of, no eco setting will be made for this module but! From what i have been hearing, it's doing really good that it not only increases power and torque, but the engineers have seen increases in fuel efficiency.

This is great....I can't wait for this unit to hit the market. Any ETA on when we can expect it to hit?
I'm not entirely sure since it was a grey area on the subject, and I don't want to give you guys a false date. I will post on here as soon as i am 100% positive on the release date.

I'm gonna be giving this a try also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for wanting to give this a try, i'm really confident you will like it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nice, can't wait to hear the results.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Won't running a tunner with the DEF and DPF systems intact cause issues? I was told if you are to run a tunner you need to do at least a DPF delete. I know a guy who ran an edge tuner on his otherwise stock Cummings and burnt up several turbos before the dealer caught on.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Won't running a tunner with the DEF and DPF systems intact cause issues? I was told if you are to run a tunner you need to do at least a DPF delete. I know a guy who ran an edge tuner on his otherwise stock Cummings and burnt up several turbos before the dealer caught on.
Nope this tuner will work with the DPF intact and untouched. That is why we have been testing for almost a few months now everyday, as this truck that you see here is a employees truck and is a daily driver. This tuner adjusts fuel and boost pressures at safe levels that will not interfere in the trucks drivability.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nope this tuner will work with the DPF intact and untouched. That is why we have been testing for almost a few months now everyday, as this truck that you see here is a employees truck and is a daily driver. This tuner adjusts fuel and boost pressures at safe levels that will not interfere in the trucks drivability.
The DPF shouldn't be an issue. DPF is more of a limiting factor for MPG than power. We've done VW builds with tunes and turbo kits but kept the DPF intact for emissions quite successfully. The only downside is that if you tune and run more fuel (and use it) the DPF will clog up faster, requiring more frequent regen cycles. I guess in the long run it could reduce DPF life, but, that would be marginal if at all, especially against other factors like load, frequency of short trips, excessive idle time etc.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Will be interesting to see the dyno numbers.
I will be interested to see if reliability and/or longevity of the engine are affected.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts