RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

So close!!!

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Dr Honda 
#1 ·
Been warring over the decision to jump over to the Ram ecodiesel camp from Toyota. I make up my mind and charge ahead in a search for a truck. Last night I get an email saying they found a 4x4 Laramie that fits my vehicle description!
So this morning I get up and start the task of emptying my tundra work truck. I'm having a hard time containing my excitement at this point. I then head over to an auto detail shop and have the interior cleaned up so I can get a good luck at my old truck one last time.
It was in the waiting room of the shop that I get the call...
"Aussie Texan, this is Josh with the dealership - the truck we located for you at another location was in an accident and the front end is completely messed up. "
So back to square one on the search for an ecodiesel but I haven't given up hope yet.
To add to the story, my tundra battery decided to crap out on me at the detailer but thanks to some good gentlemen in the shop, I was able to go pickup and install a new one quickly.
Guess I shouldn't have told my Toyota that I was getting rid of her so quickly!

#4 ·
Wow, that's an incredible price. Maybe I need to cancel my upcoming vacation and head to Utah and buy a truck!

#6 ·
There's one here in south Louisiana $52,310. I don't know if it's the same one, but we went and drove it a couple of months ago. The salesman wasn't expecting it to last long since most of the people who drive diesels around here don't really "use it" as a diesel and they get the maximum luxurious "truck" they can and just drive to the diner and impress each other.

If it's the same one we test drove, it doesn't look like the picture on the ad. It looks like this:

#8 ·
Great !

Post up some pics one you get home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.