RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to Columbus to pick up the truck, my dealership did a dealer trade for the truck I wanted. They let me drive their truck down to get mine.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I love the color!

·
Super Moderator
2,602 Posts
Congrats!!

Reactions: Perrysburg Dodgeboy

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So no one has said anything about it being an Ecodiesel yet?! I came on here and posted that I was going to the darkside and buying a Hime. After talking with Keith again and doing some research of my own, I found out they moved the EGR pickup tube back behind the muffler so it is not picking up super heated exhaust gas. This should keep the Gen III trucks from having cooler issues. My 2015 was going on it's fourth cooler and with the cost of the DPF unit I wasn't going to keep it. Here is to hopping Ram got it right this time. So you guys are going to have to put up with me for a long time ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
So no one has said anything about it being an Ecodiesel yet?! I came on here and posted that I was going to the darkside and buying a Hime. After talking with Keith again and doing some research of my own, I found out they moved the EGR pickup tube back behind the muffler so it is not picking up super heated exhaust gas. This should keep the Gen III trucks from having cooler issues. My 2015 was going on it's fourth cooler and with the cost of the DPF unit I wasn't going to keep it. Here is to hopping Ram got it right this time. So you guys are going to have to put up with me for a long time ;)
Well yes and no. It still has the high pressure EGR just like it always did before, and these are still getting sooted up just like before. It's just that they added a low pressure EGR to help minimize it a little, but even then it's getting post-DPF heat that's several hundred degrees.

Nice looking truck. I really liked that color when I was shopping. I think it's great.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I just saw your new post and that was my first question, i couldnt read the badge so was about to ask if you ended up going with the hemi or not. Hope its good.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Four coolers......thats insane. Validates my decision 3 years ago to delete the right one.
Enjoy that beautiful new truck.

·
Registered
13,681 Posts
So you will be the best to do a comparison between old and new Ecodiesels.

Start withe the impressions and enjoy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts