RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Hi: Augiedoggy... Welcome to the International Brotherhood of Automobile Assemblers!!! This is not unlike flying in a plane knowing it's built by the lowest bidder!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most of the truck components come from manufacturers all over the world, Ram is italian and french owned now! Its no different than buying any other foreign car assembled in the states except it used to be an american company. As long as the parts are quality made which is what FCA speced and regulated you should be fine, Actually if your really savy you can find those very same parts for about a quarter of the cost since fca has a hefty markup. The hard part is knowing who FCA buys the parts from for that part.

The same thing happened to Ford and I found that out with my Exs ford escape I got the parts I needed from the former ford american manufacturer who was no longer sanctioned by ford since ford went to china as the supplier. I also saved about 65%,
Also with GM with AC DELCO years ago. GM sold Delpi thermal systems (local to me) on paper so they could buy more foriegn parts for less even while they still owned them and at that time companies like Honda were buying Dephis radiators for US made vehicles while GM bought chinese radiators. The whole time all the paychecks at Delphi still came from GM. This was supposedly done as part of the trade agreement.. Point is parts are now contracted to manufacturers all over the world. Many of your old school well known american aftermarket performance parts companies are now also foreign made and sold under these names thanks to companies like honeywell who buy them out, close them down and sell santioned knockoffs under the name for marketing reasons. Last I checked, the most american made truck with the most american made parts was the Honda Ridgeline... how ironic is that!

I used to own an air cooled vw kit car and I bought four matching autolite spark plugs.... They all seemed to look a bit different and quality was all over the place, on closer look the four spark plugs were made in 3 different countries! (Honeywell bought autolite and now contracts the stuff out to multiple random manufacturers). They also own Fram so beware

some companies are more decietful and use loopholes to state made in america. I have a friend who installed power cords on chinese made pumps, they then package them up and print "made in america with US and foriegn compnents"... He works for an old american pump company who likely sells these pumps for 5 times what they buy them for.
Very much appreciated what you've posted. I should just look for reliable online sites where I can order my performance parts and some accessories. Thank you bruh!

·
Registered
2015 Trademan 4x4, 3.92, 6.4' bed air lift 1000 bags, bilstien shocks, 34" nitto g2s, Unknown tune.
447 Posts
Very much appreciated what you've posted. I should just look for reliable online sites where I can order my performance parts and some accessories. Thank you bruh!
I like to check amazon, if nothing else for the extensive reviews and questions, I dont always buy there but at least I know if a particular brand or component is decent of not. I have also had great luck with Rock auto so far they have a lot of middle of the road but quality parts..

21 - 23 of 23 Posts