RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would there be any interest if I were to sell my stage 1 and 2 tune and trans tune from skt 3.55 rear end 2016 truck haven’t decided a price or if I’m going to sell yet just seeing if there would be any interest

·
Registered
Vehicle descriptions in signature
1,206 Posts
Would there be any interest if I were to sell my stage 1 and 2 tune and trans tune from skt 3.55 rear end 2016 truck haven’t decided a price or if I’m going to sell yet just seeing if there would be any interest
Be aware that to the buyer it is only worth the handheld device's SFT credit (100-150.00) on new owner's tunes. SFT will charge new owner for the new tunes and the transfer must be prearranged with SFT. You should contact SFT for the current details as my info may be old.

Reactions: EARL99208

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,461 Posts
Is it possible to buy the sofa tune from Mils896 and then thru a AlfaOBT change the injector codes and gearing to different gear ratio for a different ecodiesel?
More than likely the tune map is tied to the truck VIN number and is not transferable without that being changed from SFT (this would be applicable any similar tune loaded via a handheld). When you buy the tunes new from any of them, first thing you do is send them an upload of your stock ECM.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What about the touchscreen thing? I mean i could imagine that information gets sent to them when you are using the option where computer/loptop and internet is required. Either way i would not be intested in a option to go over their heads or try to cheat to get it for free as they deserve the payment for their product.

·
Registered
2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, GDE Hot Tune, Rebel front end conversion.
306 Posts
If the tune is on the ecm you can change the vin to make it work. This is exactly how a lot of us got second hand GDE ecm’s programmed to our truck. Would work on an SFT tune, MRtuning, etc.

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,461 Posts
If the tune is on the ecm you can change the vin to make it work.
The original GDE tune was bench flashed, that why changing the VIN on the hardware with AlfaOBD works.
All the new tunes done with a handheld tuner can be locked to a VIN as a part of the file. An ECM regularly checks the integrity of the program files it runs on. AlfaOBD won't change what's written in software.

·
Registered
2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, GDE Hot Tune, Rebel front end conversion.
306 Posts
The original GDE tune was bench flashed, that why changing the VIN on the hardware with AlfaOBD works.
All the new tunes done with a handheld tuner can be locked to a VIN as a part of the file. An ECM regularly checks the integrity of the program files it runs on. AlfaOBD won't change what's written in software.
I may be mistaken with something. But, I have changed an ecm with another tuners tune on it, successfully to run on another truck. The tune was installed with a handheld device first. After that the new owner was stuck with the tune permanently on the ecm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts