RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was asking because my question was clearly directed to GDE as they were the one who made the statement.
I was asking because I didn't know if you were GDE or their agent. If you are neither I really don't care what you have to say.

By the way, don't be sorry for me having a SFT tune, it is performing quite well. And you are mistaken, I had the option of keeping my GDE tune.
This is my first post ever after being on this forum for hours now..... If you spent as much time on the forums as I have researching this topic you would find that the SFT owner/poster has the maturity level of a teenager. The only thing he does is talk trash about the competitor and provide no response to factual data questions. If you like supporting that type of person that screams and yells at others for comparing his product to GDE then be my guest. Bounty Hunter was just throwing information out there for you to read. Saying "I really don't care what you have to say" is acting in the same type of childish behavior as your beloved SFT "owner".

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
SKT does not touch the two pilot injection events.

John Jensen. Read the items Bounty Hunter attached, that came from GDE and is our engineering assessment of what was done in that tune. It is a downgrade in terms of turbo speed limits at full throttle, worse fuel economy, and dirtier engine oil.
Thanks for your detailed analysis on the Jimmy tune. While at face value many might think you're just someone in the business looking to bash a competitor, I don't believe this to be true. Based on your current and past professionalism, and the review itself, it appears to be about as unbiased as possible. Thanks again for the hard work.

·
Administrator
8,258 Posts
Thanks for your detailed analysis on the Jimmy tune. While at face value many might think you're just someone in the business looking to bash a competitor, I don't believe this to be true. Based on your current and past professionalism, and the review itself, it appears to be about as unbiased as possible. Thanks again for the hard work.
GDE is, has been, and I hope always will be an asset to our community. The opportunity is here for any and all members. Some take advantage of it and some don't.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Check out the following data when the SKT tune was analyzed. It's definitely a downgrade and typical of someone that doesn't know tuning.
Bounty Hunter, thanks for this information that originally came from GDE. It looks like this was posted somewhere previously, and some time ago. I'd be interested to know if SFT ever 'objectively' refuted the claims presented in the analysis with facts and data when I was first shared, or if they have subsequently done so. I'll listen.

After reading the analysis, it would be hard for anyone to come away and not think SFT was a 'downgrade' from GDE.

If this was left unchallenged, it would be one thing for someone to still decide to put SFT on their own truck...that's their choice. But if they convince others to buy SFT over GDE they would be doing a real disservice to them.

·
Registered
451 Posts
SKT does not touch the two pilot injection events.

John Jensen. Read the items Bounty Hunter attached, that came from GDE and is our engineering assessment of what was done in that tune. It is a downgrade in terms of turbo speed limits at full throttle, worse fuel economy, and dirtier engine oil.
Thanks for the clarification. Keep up the good work GDE.

·
Banned
19 Posts
Just to clarify jimmy did not write the ecm tune nor does he have a clue about what changes effect the engine and how. He uses tuning from a company overseas called optimal remap llc which is extremely similar to celtic tuning. Jimmy seems decent at the computer side of things but knows little to nothing about how engines work. If one is looking for a stock tune with some of the emission equipment shut off at a cheap price then its fine but its not a high end tune by any means. I'll shut up now since this is slightly off topic.
This has been proven to be incorrect, dude writes the tunes NOW. Back in the beginning, sure he had to start somehow. Fast forward to now, night and day.

·
Banned
19 Posts
Bounty Hunter, thanks for this information that originally came from GDE. It looks like this was posted somewhere previously, and some time ago. I'd be interested to know if SFT ever 'objectively' refuted the claims presented in the analysis with facts and data when I was first shared, or if they have subsequently done so. I'll listen.

After reading the analysis, it would be hard for anyone to come away and not think SFT was a 'downgrade' from GDE.

If this was left unchallenged, it would be one thing for someone to still decide to put SFT on their own truck...that's their choice. But if they convince others to buy SFT over GDE they would be doing a real disservice to them.
Agreed, but ask how GDE got this information? They have never made a purchase from SFT. It was later known that the ECU GDE analyzed was in limp mode.

·
Administrator
8,258 Posts
When I call them all I get is a recording directing me to their web site. 😡. I’m concerned that if I buy the tcm tune and need help all I will get is this recording. No customer service.
I've never dealt with Sofa, but others have had positive results.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Agreed, but ask how GDE got this information? They have never made a purchase from SFT. It was later known that the ECU GDE analyzed was in limp mode.
Not sure where you got this fake news. Any ECM can go into limp mode, including one with the SFT tune. It's the truck that puts the ECM into limp mode, not the other way around.

·
Banned
19 Posts
Not sure where you got this fake news. Any ECM can go into limp mode, including one with the SFT tune. It's the truck that puts the ECM into limp mode, not the other way around.
The 1 software version GDE used to write this is not what everyone has. SFT has used hundreds. Plus a major overhaul in September alone. That's the best part of OBD2 tuning, plus customers get free updates!

·
Banned
19 Posts
When I call them all I get is a recording directing me to their web site. 😡. I’m concerned that if I buy the tcm tune and need help all I will get is this recording. No customer service.
Trust me, the customer service is like nothing you've experienced. SFT has employees with full time jobs, 1 number and hundreds calling every hour. It's near impossible to catch everyone. Leave a VM, send an email, contact here or on FB, you'll get the answers you're looking for and THEN some.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Trust me, the customer service is like nothing you've experienced. SFT has employees with full time jobs, 1 number and hundreds calling every hour. It's near impossible to catch everyone. Leave a VM, send an email, contact here or on FB, you'll get the answers you're looking for and THEN some.
But if they won’t answer the phone, how is that GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Dave,
You, one person, says they didn't answer the phone and you declare they are not answering the phone, how is that GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE? - disgusting!

I had several times when GDE and other vendors didn't answer the phone and assumed they were busy. I didn't declare "they don't answer the phone". I have said that SFT has better customer service than GDE and that has likewise been said by other SFT customers.

Get real!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Dave,
You, one person, says they didn't answer the phone and you declare they are not answering the phone, how is that GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE? - disgusting!

I had several times when GDE and other vendors didn't answer the phone and assumed they were busy. I didn't declare "they don't answer the phone". I have said that SFT has better customer service than GDE and that has likewise been said by other SFT customers.

Get real!
(DISGUSTING) (GET REAL) . Come on Jim , I am not looking to start a fight with you, I am just saying that I want to purchase a transmission tune to go along with my GDE hot tune. Seeing that GDE is not in business any more , I thought I would try SFT transmission tune. My computer skills are somewhat limited, and I will probably need some help. I called SFT 5 times on 2 different days and all I got was a recording telling me to go see their FAQ page. P.S. EVERY TIME I CALLED GDE THEY ANSWERED MY PHONE CALLS. EVERY TIME.

·
Registered
686 Posts
(DISGUSTING) (GET REAL) . Come on Jim , I am not looking to start a fight with you, I am just saying that I want to purchase a transmission tune to go along with my GDE hot tune. Seeing that GDE is not in business any more , I thought I would try SFT transmission tune. My computer skills are somewhat limited, and I will probably need some help. I called SFT 5 times on 2 different days and all I got was a recording telling me to go see their FAQ page. P.S. EVERY TIME I CALLED GDE THEY ANSWERED MY PHONE CALLS. EVERY TIME.
Dave,
No fight intended. I just wanted you to know that SFT has a history of excellent customer service.
Cheers

41 - 56 of 56 Posts