RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. Started an account just to post this - Long time lurker, first time poster. - 2016 Eco Bighorn - 60k miles.
I've read every forum post, FB post, Group Post on this tune - Mostly because I found it hard to believe the claims people and this company were making.

So here's what I know - or at least what I think I know based on what I've read and researched.

Sofa King Tuned has been business for about 6-8 months or so - reselling someone else's tune (optimum tuning)? - Unsure about the Transmission tune or it's claim to produce "20+ Rear Wheel HP"

The website claims "EVERYTHING is mapped from complete scratch" - Just not by Jimmy.

The tune appears to tamper with the EVIC readouts to make it "appear" as though it's getting better MPG. One of the forums users admits the hand calculations were 20% off of what the EVIC was showing.

Dyno numbers posted are produced on an Inertia rated DynoJet and don't have a stock run to compare them with. (the average person should know DynoJets produce a readout of 9-12% higher HP)?

So what makes this tune better than a PPEI or GDE or Banks? How does 1 single person, pop up out of the woodwork to produce a tune that (safely) beats companies in MPG, HP, and TQ, who have more funding, more experience, more people and more knowledge?
- Before you answer that - or before anyone answers that, I'd like to see Banks, PPEI, GDE and Sofaking all send their tune in to be; dyno'd on the same day by an independent 3rd party and analysed for all to see what's really there. Why hasn't this been done before?

I'm posting this in the hope the average consumer does their research and finds out the truth of what they are actually buying.
Always remember - If it sounds too good to be true, It usually is.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Fever , I don't know , I don't see bashing , just a big warning , about the Sofaking tune maybe not being all the advertised product it is claimed to be ,
-possible deceptions :
- evic display modification instead of actual modifications ,,,Ouch.
-Inertia rated DynoJet Dyno used because it gives false higher results ( new stuff to me ).
and an invitation to test all PPEI , GDE , Banks , and Sofa K tunes in one place with same equipment ,( never going to happen ).
AZmavaz may turn out to be a knowledgeable guy , hard to say with one post ...
welcome to the site AZmanaz.

·
Registered
546 Posts
This isn't going to be another of those "he said ... she said" schoolgirl threads is it?

Maybe instead of letting accusation and rumour run rampant, there should be some requirement for people laying claims to post actual, verifiable evidence? Otherwise this is just a gossip and bashing forum .

Just my $0.05 (no pennies up here)

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
This isn't going to be another of those "he said ... she said" schoolgirl threads is it?

Maybe instead of letting accusation and rumour run rampant, there should be some requirement for people laying claims to post actual, verifiable evidence? Otherwise this is just a gossip and bashing forum .

Opinions are always okay here as long as they're not presented as facts.

·
Registered
155 Posts

$0.05?! You got that kind of money to throw around? Toss some my way!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Who and where admitted the EVIC being 20% off on fuel mileage? I’d like to read that lol.
The poster that talked about his lifted truck and big tires getting whatever it was at a million miles an hour then came back and said that he determined his calculations were off by about 20%. Don't remember if he said anything about hand calculations versus EVIC.

·
Registered
632 Posts
My 2016 GDE dash readout and hand calculated MPG are the same

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
But the tuner can adjust it like GDE did. They now have theirs extremely accurate.
Learn something new everyday, If you remember we both bought our tunes at the same time , mine use to read about 4 mpgs high ...
Yep I remember. I updated mine and the EVIC MPG was fixed. Mine now reads ever so slightly low.

Donny, I'm down here at Disney World and it sure is hot the first week of June. lol

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Yep I remember. I updated mine and the EVIC MPG was fixed. Mine now reads ever so slightly low.

Donny, I'm down here at Disney World and it sure is hot the first week of June. lol
ONLY 58 Here in New Quay. ( East coast of Ireland ) And Raining... go figure.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Gde tested the sft tune on there dyno for a customer, yes its not done by a indepent 3rd party but was done correctly. There overall impression was it similar to celtic and wont show much fuel economy improvement. On there dyno the sft stage 2 tune thats advertised at +60 wrhp did 39 wrhp over stock. As far as transmission tuning picking up more horsepower thats completely false, torque is possible but not horsepower.

C213A2A4-7C61-4798-B141-261D30538F4C.png

121DFE11-008A-4C01-9AC4-E61E5F3431A0.png

A5E45F39-F568-4BF1-8C34-A93226F351E7.png

1 - 20 of 124 Posts