RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,520 Posts
Mine is scheduled for Wednesday 7/31. Wish me luck afterwards since I have a ‘15. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
For what its worth...a message and reply from and to the attorneys today.
Please read it from the bottom up...I copied and pasted this from the attorneys portal.

Lead Counsel for plaintiffs are handling all of the post-settlement issues and are tracking any issues that class members have been having with the emissions repair. You can email them at [email protected] or call 1-888-315-6096.

Shelby R. Smith
Attorney
Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
hbsslaw.com
portal.hbsslaw.com

7/29/19 5:14 PM
I lost 3-4 miles per gallon after the update to my truck, got sucker punched.

this is not worth the $3000+

7/29/19 4:20 PM
All--we are writing to remind all former owners and former lessees that the deadline for submitting a valid claim is August 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. HST. If you have not filed a claim, you can do so here: https://fcacommunity.force.com/EcoDieselSettlement/s/ClaimSubmission

If you have any questions about the claims process or problems filing your claim, please contact Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein at [email protected] or 1-888-315-6096.

Jessica Thompson
Attorney
Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
hbsslaw.com
portal.hbsslaw.com

·
Registered
46 Posts
What has been the average reported wait time for refund? I submitted 5/16, got update 6/18. Just got off phone with claim center. She said they hav 12 weeks to review, then send another letter with your offer to be notarized and sent back. So I expect that on August 7th I will have to start calling everyday to ask why my claim is still being reviewed. What the F.... is there to review if you bought the truck new, still own it and they have confirmation that the update has been performed??

·
Registered
175 Posts
The 2017 ED has the lag on acceleration we now have on our trucks! I would assume the mileage on the 17 sos joe suffer. Mine ran the same after it was updated. Now is it is choking and 4 less mikes per gallon.

Will GDE tune let them get away with this shit?

Dealership and FCA want my truck back for a few days to diagnose and I get a pickup loaner. I’m have reservations about putting it back in their hands. They will be chasing their tails. It’s running the way the EPA wants and we suffered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
472 Posts
On my 2015,
Had the update done a couple weeks ago. Initially (for the first say 20 miles) the truck acted odd at intersections, similar to how it had acted very early on during the first month of ownership. Took a couple 50 ish mile trips on the highway and it has been driven around town daily.

Now...
I can't tell any difference between pre and post update.
Mileage doesn't appear to be any different, drivability appears the same.

In town it lives in the 20.x mpg range; I'm still seeing that after update.

The dealer (who I don't trust at all) did stay when I dropped it off for the update to expect worse mileage and greater use of def.

·
Super Moderator
2,520 Posts
Well I had mine done today. I live a couple miles from the dealer so I drove a few extra miles out of the way to get home. What I noticed in approximately 10 miles of driving.

Transmission shifts later in all gears and would not go into 8th until I got to 55. Would drop in at 50 prior under the same conditions.
Engine sounds noisier than it did prior to the flash.
Definitely felt like power was down but could possibly have been the difference in the throttle.
I didn’t experience the lag others have talked about but Truck was @ 130* when I left dealer so not sure what it will be like when cold.

Other than what I posted above couldn’t tell anything else was different. I also reinstalled my edge monitor and all gauges I had selected prior still function so overall I think I dodged the bullet and don’t have the lag others have reported. So much for the theory mentioned earlier that the ‘15’s are the ones affected.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Still no word from dealership on part.

Also, submitted paperwork for settlement early in May, had AEM done almost a month ago and it still says my case is being reviewed.
I’m still trying to understand the process. I submitted my claim on 10 June. The current status says

“Claim submitted - Document Package Complete. Claim under review - Your claim has been successfully submitted and will now be reviewed to make sure it is complete. We will contact you if we need any further information. Once we confirm your submission is complete, we will determine your eligibility.”

Do I now just wait for something in the mail, or should I be taking some other action?

·
Registered
168 Posts
You wait. They actually contacted me by email requesting I resubmit some of the documents I had uploaded. They said they were blank, and I know better. So I am still waiting. Today I get the AEM done at our dealer

·
Registered
168 Posts
This morning I have the same email requesting registration and proof of purchase. It is similar to the previous notice, so hoping it was sent in error. I resubmitted again, and will call this morning. AEM completed yesterday

·
Registered
168 Posts
And no sooner that I posted their last email request, I just got another saying I am approved and the papers to sign and notarize. I did the AEM yesterday and have a couple of questions. Will they contact me once they receive the recall work confirmation from the dealer? and what is the best way to send these papers to them? If emailing It would entail multiple pages? They say I can also mail them

·
Registered
168 Posts
My bride scanned the signed and notarized forms as a PDF file and emailed it to me. Now attached and on the way to FCA. Now we wait

·
Registered
168 Posts
Paperwork emailed just over an hour ago, and I have confirmation they have received the completed package, amazing! They also indicate I need to do the recall, and once they receive confirmation from dealer, I should have a check within 6 weeks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Paperwork emailed just over an hour ago, and I have confirmation they have received the completed package, amazing! They also indicate I need to do the recall, and once they receive confirmation from dealer, I should have a check within 6 weeks.
I hope it works better for you than my experience. I got the update s/w on 6/6 and submitted via snail mail all the signed/notarized paperwork the same day. The web site says they have every thing EXCEPT the signed/notarized paperwork. LOOOOOOONGE story, but I have submitted THREE emails with the scanned docs, each time reducing the file size from 7.1 Mb to 3.5 Mb AND have called them and spent over an hour on the phone AND even after 8 weeks, they still don't have the file complete and no check!!! Just crazy. I'm going to wait another couple of weeks and then contact the lawyers if nothing changes. Just plain STUPID to try and get FCA to do anything!

·
Registered
168 Posts
They are telling me they have all they need but for the recall and check will be mailed within six weeks of them receiving the recall completed notice

·
Registered
42 Posts
I’m still trying to understand the process. I submitted my claim on 10 June. The current status says

“Claim submitted - Document Package Complete. Claim under review - Your claim has been successfully submitted and will now be reviewed to make sure it is complete. We will contact you if we need any further information. Once we confirm your submission is complete, we will determine your eligibility.”

Do I now just wait for something in the mail, or should I be taking some other action?
That's exactly the same day I submitted my claim. Still waiting also. In the meantime the AEM update has been done on the truck, and I checked the recall website that someone posted recently, and it shows the "V08" (AEM) update is done. Nothing more to be done than wait at this point.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts