RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I didn't read this email on Friday completely. This is the one they told me they had everything and sent the offer. They actually sent two, second one saying it was waiting on the AEM. The AEM was done a day before. Here is what it reads

Good Morning, I have everything I need to move forward. Please disregard email instructing you to complete AEM the email is system generated, our records indicate it is completed, thank you!

But the Ram site says AEM not completed. Interesting.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Got the AEM over a week ago on 7/27/19. Been daily driving it now for over a week, and have had at least 3 times where I have pulled out to accelerate, and this truck just falls flat on its face. no power, very sluggish acceleration. to the tune of 2-4 seconds before anything kicks in and goes. no matter how far I push down the pedal. Usually on cold starts. I usually slow roll it and gradually increase throttle as needed to get up to speed. Very frustrated. I know I could get the GDE tune back on the truck, but why should we have to do this ? Gonna throw the settlement money into my savings account and leave it there until I can get out of this truck and into a different vehicle.......will monitor and give it some time and see if this is a learning thing for the ECM or what.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Got the AEM over a week ago on 7/27/19. Been daily driving it now for over a week, and have had at least 3 times where I have pulled out to accelerate, and this truck just falls flat on its face. no power, very sluggish acceleration. to the tune of 2-4 seconds before anything kicks in and goes. no matter how far I push down the pedal. Usually on cold starts. I usually slow roll it and gradually increase throttle as needed to get up to speed. Very frustrated. I know I could get the GDE tune back on the truck, but why should we have to do this ? Gonna throw the settlement money into my savings account and leave it there until I can get out of this truck and into a different vehicle.......will monitor and give it some time and see if this is a learning thing for the ECM or what.
you had the tune before the AEM , but refuse to reinstall ??? why ??
Q : "" why should we have to do this ? ""
A: because the AEM tune is as bad for the truck as the previous stock tune that you had .

just contact GDE ask for latest tune , identical to the one you had including all the options you had ,
they will ship you a tuned ECM , no down time , swap module , go for the regen ride , put actual ECM
in the box that GDE will have provided , and get your truck back the way it used to run pre-AEM.===>>> $50 + shipping .

·
Administrator
8,212 Posts
A: because the AEM tune is as bad for the truck as the previous stock tune that you had .

just contact GDE ask for latest tune , identical to the one you had including all the options you had ,
they will ship you a tuned ECM , no down time , swap module , go for the regen ride , put actual ECM
in the box that GDE will have provided , and get your truck back the way it used to run pre-AEM.===>>> $50 + shipping .
More common sense. What's happening to this forum? :D

·
Registered
115 Posts

Thats likey what I will do. This truck is not worth enough (vs what I still owe) to trade it on anything at this point. Need to drive it long enough to get out of the upside down condition financially I am in with this truck (my own fault) That may take a good long time to get there, so, yeah, GDE in my future once again.

·
Super Moderator
2,957 Posts
Jimbo FCA is or has given you the cash plus, do both ECM & TCM as they work in concert and the AEM messed with both. You will be more pleased with your truck than ever before. You may enjoy your truck for a very long time.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Jimbo FCA is or has given you the cash plus, do both ECM & TCM as they work in concert and the AEM messed with both. You will be more pleased with your truck than ever before. You may enjoy your truck for a very long time.
10-4, Thx Vern. I may consider the TCM as well. I never had given that much thought, I was happy with the ECM tune, but maybe can it be better than that with the TCM as well ? Now you got me thinking :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Called FCA today and seems they will now expedite my case. I’m not expecting anything as I haven’t had anything go right yet. Paperwork submitted early May and suck ass AEM update done at the end of June.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
The only thing I see is the U07 for the auto park feature,
Yeah seems you are right. Person on the phone told me it was for the transmission. Oh well for that fix.

On another note, after calling numerous times, I finally received the papers to sign for the settlement. It is now August 8, and they sent it out today. Would they not know if the first owner has submitted info for the claim since it had to be submitted before August 1?

I still need to go through the paperwork and see what I’m signing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My attorney told me to refuse the settlement. I’ve had many problems from day one...throttle disconnect...radiator fan failure @ 15k..loose wiring etc.. Saw all the performance degradation problems on youtube. It will be a cold day in hell before fca messes with my computer! Attorney is confident we’ll get a better deal than offered. Why in the hell did I trade my Cummins?

·
Administrator
8,212 Posts
My attorney told me to refuse the settlement. I’ve had many problems from day one...throttle disconnect...radiator fan failure @ 15k..loose wiring etc.. Saw all the performance degradation problems on youtube. It will be a cold day in hell before fca messes with my computer! Attorney is confident we’ll get a better deal than offered. Why in the hell did I trade my Cummins?
Another consideration is get the AEM including a nice extended warranty and a tune to make your truck better than ever. Plan B, back to a Cummins.

·
Registered
11 Posts
All I’ve heard is new tune causes dangerous acceleration lag, and diminished fuel economy...not why I bought this pos. Only reason I still own it is because attorneys (I have a fleet of them) say hold on to it for a better settlement. After I’ve worked through all the failures, I’ll take on any post-settlement eco-diesels in acceleration and mpg with my non modified 14 eco-cheater!

·
Administrator
8,212 Posts
All I’ve heard is new tune causes dangerous acceleration lag, and diminished fuel economy...not why I bought this pos. Only reason I still own it is because attorneys (I have a fleet of them) say hold on to it for a better settlement. After I’ve worked through all the failures, I’ll take on any post-settlement eco-diesels in acceleration and mpg with my non modified 14 eco-cheater!
I was referring to an aftermarket tune. Good luck with your fleet of lawyers. Lol.

61 - 80 of 103 Posts