RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an ECM from my 2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel (w/ 3.92 axle ratio) tuned with the original (pre-EPA) GDE Hot Tune.

Also includes these add-ons:
Regen message
Engine braking
High Idle

I am also throwing in an OBDLinkMX+ OBD tool as you'll need to program your VIN and injector codes using AlphaOBD.

I'm asking $750 shipped to lower 48 and can be paid thru PayPal or Venmo. *You will need to add the service fee if wanting to pay me via PayPal goods and services.

This ECM will also work fine on a truck with 3.55 gear ratio.

Please PM me if interested or respond here with any questions!

Screenshot from original purchase confirmation email:
Font Number Screenshot Document Rectangle

Picture of GDE tuned ECM and OBD-II adapter:

Circuit component Font Computer hardware Electronic engineering Electronic device

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe it will only work on model years 2016 thru 2019, however you should search the forum and confirm that as I am not 100% sure that it will not work on a 2014 model truck.

·
Registered
2015 Bighorn, CC, 6'4", 4x4, 3.55
547 Posts
2016 and after trucks have a DEF quality sensor that the 2014 and 2015 trucks don't have. Using a 2016 ECM in a 2014 or 2015 truck will cause a CEL as the ECM will be looking for the DEF quality sensor that the truck doesn't have.

Reactions: TexasJoe

·
Registered
469 Posts
2016 and after trucks have a DEF quality sensor that the 2014 and 2015 trucks don't have. Using a 2016 ECM in a 2014 or 2015 truck will cause a CEL as the ECM will be looking for the DEF quality sensor that the truck doesn't have.
The quality sensor is turned off with the GDE tune. It won’t throw a code in ‘14-‘15 trucks cause it’s not looking for it.

I have a ‘16 with a GDE tune. I run distilled water.

·
Registered
2015 Bighorn, CC, 6'4", 4x4, 3.55
547 Posts
The quality sensor is turned off with the GDE tune. It won’t throw a code in ‘14-‘15 trucks cause it’s not looking for it.

I have a ‘16 with a GDE tune. I run distilled water.
you might be right. I could be recalling it from the time when everybody was looking for a "stock" ECM so they could preserve their pre EPA GDE tune. the quality sensor concern might only apply to using a "stock" 16+ ECM with a 14/15 truck.

But I also remember someone mentioning that GDE didn't completely turn off the quality sensor, they just opened up the tolerances on what qualifies as "good" DEF in their tune. So the sensor still works, it just thinks distilled water is "good" DEF.

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
you might be right. I could be recalling it from the time when everybody was looking for a "stock" ECM so they could preserve their pre EPA GDE tune. the quality sensor concern might only apply to using a "stock" 16+ ECM with a 14/15 truck.
I think this is accurate. I vaguely remember someone running a '16+ GDE ecm in a 14/15 without issue.

Reactions: ajb3015

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good morning I was wondering if you would be willing to program my vin and injector codes if I purchased your tune?? Also I in airport traveling today. So if you could email me it would be better. [email protected]. Thanks!
Hi - I cannot do that as I do not own my truck anymore so thats not possible. However im providing you with the the OBD tool and instructions so all you would need to do is download the software to a device. Its very simple to do the process.

Also, the difference in axle ratio will not make any difference with regard to using the ECM. It will work just fine in your truck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi - I cannot do that as I do not own my truck anymore so thats not possible. However im providing you with the the OBD tool and instructions so all you would need to do is download the software to a device. Its very simple to do the process.

Also, the difference in axle ratio will not make any difference with regard to using the ECM. It will work just fine in your truck.
Good morning Sorry I haven’t got back to you I’m driving a truck back from Phoenix up to Washington state so I should be home tonight. I’ll have to check I’m 66 years old and I don’t have a lot of computer knowledge so I would have to find someone to help program it .. also I don’t have that Venmo or whatever those PayPal all that stuff I don’t have those accounts do you take a credit card or can I send you a check if we decide to do this deal Thank you !

1 - 20 of 31 Posts