RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Came across this while searching for info on the EGR recall.

Note the top of the page where it mention “upcoming and interim status campaigns”. It mentions VB1, which is the EGR recall, but it also mentions VA7, which is a customer satisfaction “re-remedy” for 2014-2016 3.0L DS/WK chassis, which is the Ram 1500 and the Grand Cherokee Diesels. Sounds like a V08 update to me...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Interesting. If I remember right, TFL did a quick story that FCA stated they were working on an update. Basically it was an answer to the throttle response issue. I'm not sure we can say this is 100% confirmation, but it's promising

·
Registered
649 Posts
I wonder if those here that were already happy with the V08 AEM will bother to go get the update. Some said the V08 made their truck run better than new. I'd be willing to bet they all will get VA7.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I wonder if those here that were already happy with the V08 AEM will bother to go get the update. Some said the V08 made their truck run better than new. I'd be willing to bet they all will get VA7.
Well, Why not. As with anything in life there is always room for improvement.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I am one of those who didn't notice any difference. I am also one of those who has purchased an extended warranty, and so will do nothing that bears any chance of voiding that warranty. When my truck is at the dealer for service I simply hand them the keys and tell them to have at it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am one of those who didn't notice any difference. I am also one of those who has purchased an extended warranty, and so will do nothing that bears any chance of voiding that warranty. When my truck is at the dealer for service I simply hand them the keys and tell them to have at it.
I noticed major dead spot and lag when cold. Really have to watch it when pulling into traffic. I wonder if those who saw no difference had the tech just do some hand waving and not reprogram or Re-program incorrectly. From what I understand a report of the reflashes has to be sent to FCA.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I noticed major dead spot and lag when cold. Really have to watch it when pulling into traffic. I wonder if those who saw no difference had the tech just do some hand waving and not reprogram or Re-program incorrectly. From what I understand a report of the reflashes has to be sent to FCA.
The update was done. My dealer that I go to for service is very good in the service department .... I have yet to find one that I like for sales ... When I went in I asked about the seatbelt/in gear/autopark update and they had first told me it did NOT have to be installed. When I went back in to have the updates done they said straight up that they were wrong and that it was included in the AEM update and there was nothing they could about it. They did give me the option of walking away from all those related updates, but I told them to go ahead and they did. My truck is parked this winter, but I will shortly inquire about the EGR parts/update so that I can get it going soon after the snow is gone (about 3-1/2 months away)

·
Registered
630 Posts
The update was done. My dealer that I go to for service is very good in the service department .... I have yet to find one that I like for sales ... When I went in I asked about the seatbelt/in gear/autopark update and they had first told me it did NOT have to be installed. When I went back in to have the updates done they said straight up that they were wrong and that it was included in the AEM update and there was nothing they could about it. They did give me the option of walking away from all those related updates, but I told them to go ahead and they did. My truck is parked this winter, but I will shortly inquire about the EGR parts/update so that I can get it going soon after the snow is gone (about 3-1/2 months away)
It has less chances of going up in flames during the winter months. I guess that depends on where you live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have that same cold lag, but I do NOT want it to go away, because it is there for a reason (engine longevity). I just warm the engine up before I hit the major roads. It helps that I live down several miles of dirt road.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have that same cold lag, but I do NOT want it to go away, because it is there for a reason (engine longevity). I just warm the engine up before I hit the major roads. It helps that I live down several miles of dirt road.
Have you stopped during one of your trips. Mine has the lag after stopping for a cup of coffee. Oil still well over 150.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have you stopped during one of your trips. Mine has the lag after stopping for a cup of coffee. Oil still well over 150.

Yes, I've noticed this too. Maybe there is both a timer and a temp reading. I have two keys, so I just keep it running. Diesels like to idle anyway.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Not sure if I’m doing right or not but I never shut mine off for short stops (store stops, fill ups, etc. ). I have always believed and been told that constantly shutting off and starting it back up is bad for the turbo and the engine in general.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hope I'm not late to the party with this but I got a notice from FCA that a new AEM was approved by EPA in DEC 2019. Say's you may still have to step on the accelerator further to minimize any hesitation or lag in acceleration.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts