RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Is FCA keeping the dealerships in the dark? They haven’t heard anything from. FCA. I repeat myself. This is a cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Has anyone done the AEM with the new Dec. '19 version? (RECALL VA7?) And could they post the 'part number' from the dealer invoice? I have been waiting to go in for the AEM and my $ and want to make sure my dealer uses the updated version....
Is it even available yet? I know they've said it was approved, but FCA still lists the estimated remedy as 1/30/2020

·
Registered
3 Posts
Called and chatted with FCA and ecodiesel settlement people. ZERO help nobody at FCA who you can talk to know anything about the letter that was just sent out. I've told to many people today that I had the original AEM done in May 2019, I received a letter stating there is an update approved in December 2019. No one has any clue what I'm talking about. This letter is worthless. There is zero information on if there actually was an AEM update, if or when it'll be available, or if it'll be a whole new recall. But everyone was sure to let me know that I have the open VB1 recall that doesn't have a solution yet. So basically just another wait and see. Probably taking an additional month or two before anything more substantial will be released other than this 4 paragraph letter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I received my letter today stating new flash was ready. Called my local dealer and he was not aware of new AEM flash. I will stop by tomorrow as it not out of the way to check status of flash. I do not experience the lag like others do. But I am not heavy on the petal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is FCA keeping the dealerships in the dark? They haven’t heard anything from. FCA. I repeat myself. This is a cluster.

Just got notification today about the second AEM. It is in essence an official statement that they agree at least some have had markedly different performance with the first AEM and there is a second AEM. It does not have the official NTHSA number on it with specific instructions. I am not in a big hurry anyway in my case as I am not going to have it done until the new EGR cooler is out. Meanwhile driving a rental provided by FCA (dealer no help).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Came across this while searching for info on the EGR recall.

Note the top of the page where it mention “upcoming and interim status campaigns”. It mentions VB1, which is the EGR recall, but it also mentions VA7, which is a customer satisfaction “re-remedy” for 2014-2016 3.0L DS/WK chassis, which is the Ram 1500 and the Grand Cherokee Diesels. Sounds like a V08 update to me...
[/QUOTE
I just got a letter today taking about the update which was approved Dec 2019. Did not say when it would be available for installation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got notification today about the second AEM. It is in essence an official statement that they agree at least some have had markedly different performance with the first AEM and there is a second AEM. It does not have the official NTHSA number on it with specific instructions. I am not in a big hurry anyway in my case as I am not going to have it done until the new EGR cooler is out. Meanwhile driving a rental provided by FCA (dealer no help).
This is how I interpreted it... I’m scheduled to have my first AEM done next week...

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Serious question... I’m a new owner (Oct) of a ‘16 ED and have been approved for $3,048 but not until the AEM is done next Saturday. What is this about a 2nd check?
You're considered not an original owner, so you only get a portion of the $3k until the original owner has been given sufficient time to make a claim. Once that time expires, you receive a second check for the remainder of the $3k.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm a Jeep Grand Cherokee ecodiesel owner. I asked my service manager about this and he mentioned the following to me. Here is a small quote.
Here is a quote from my service manager.
"they reference it as a RRT Rapid Response Transmittal",
They do not have the download yet. He said it addresses the issues(plural) with the V08.
So Dealerships are being notified by FCA as we speak. I think someone here on the forum showed a 1/30/20 availability.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I received the same letter yesterday and called my dealership. They had no idea that there was an update. When I arrived to have them check, they said everything was up to date without hooking anything up. I asked if the updates were link via the internet, which they are, so I asked them to hook up my 2016 1500, and low and behold there was an update. After the update was complete, the mileage seemed to return to something normal and this morning, 25F, i went out for a test drive. THE LAG WAS GONE. Waiting to do a full tank mileage check. I'm happy some normalcy has returned.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I received the same letter yesterday and called my dealership. They had no idea that there was an update. When I arrived to have them check, they said everything was up to date without hooking anything up. I asked if the updates were link via the internet, which they are, so I asked them to hook up my 2016 1500, and low and behold there was an update. After the update was complete, the mileage seemed to return to something normal and this morning, 25F, i went out for a test drive. THE LAG WAS GONE. Waiting to do a full tank mileage check. I'm happy some normalcy has returned.
What did the service ticket say? Did it have an update designation?

·
Registered
264 Posts
The AEM was performed on my truck this week. V08-V11 which the dealer indicated was a relatively new version. I am pleased to say that whatever version I have seems OK. Starting off from cold this morning, around 33F at time, the lag was LESS than before the AEM refresh. My general impression after driving around doing the usual Saturday errands is positive. Time will tell on fuel economy and DEF consumption, but at least on our truck with this version, it is not the train wreck many have reported they experienced. Son heads to CA to fetch a car later this weekend so we will get a good look at overall performance impact on his upcoming trip.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I find it particularly funny it's not also for 2017 / 2018 / 2019 models. Even though they have the crappy throttle response like 2014 / 2015 / 2016 models, they aren't getting the update since they were sold with crappy response from the factory (after being re-tuned for the whole emissions (pre AEM) debacle).

Only people with 2014 - 2016 trucks are eligible for VA7 because their trucks performed better prior to AEM.
Fully agree. FCA had the stop sale on while they reprogrammed all the 17s that were still in inventory and we get nothing.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts