RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The V08 update brings the pep back and much better than the previous flash. The dealers have had it for a little while now.

·
Registered
833 Posts
So this new flash is out. Is it worth doing prior to doing the EGR replacement. Not so sure I want the truck in their hands twice. I would think tuned EDs would not want to do this twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
So this new flash is out. Is it worth doing prior to doing the EGR replacement. Not so sure I want the truck in their hands twice. I would think tuned EDs would not want to do this twice.

Interesting that it is ahead of schedule; seems like everything else with ED has been late. The last date I saw was 1/30/2020

·
Registered
833 Posts
Interesting that it is ahead of schedule; seems like everything else with ED has been late. The last date I saw was 1/30/2020
I think they have them because they would review with their teams. I just received the letter and it is useless.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I would venture to guess that since there are 1000s (?) of dealers, that they wouldn't be able to get the V11 out to them all at once but all of them 'by 1-31-20'. And some dealerships might be snoozing a bit before they 'deal with it'..

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would venture to guess that since there are 1000s (?) of dealers, that they wouldn't be able to get the V11 out to them all at once but all of them 'by 1-31-20'. And some dealerships might be snoozing a bit before they 'deal with it'..
How are the software updates distributed to dealers? Do they download them from some sort of Dealer portal? I never thought about how software updates get shipped to the dealers.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm bringing my truck in next Wednesday for disappearing coolant. I'll bring the letter along with me and see what info I can get. Will report back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update on the update.
After running the truck through a tank of fuel, mileage is still down. I'm getting about 23-24 mpg highway. Still no turbo lag during acceleration from stop.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So the notice we received in the mail telling us to get the second AEM flash update for the poor throttle response issue is the VA7? You know my case manager from FCA could not find anything about this at all and told me it was nothing and closed the case? I said, "but I got a letter in the mail" and I read it to her. I need to see if I can escalate to her boss. Did anyone get the second update? Did it help?

·
Registered
39 Posts
So the notice we received in the mail telling us to get the second AEM flash update for the poor throttle response issue is the VA7? You know my case manager from FCA could not find anything about this at all and told me it was nothing and closed the case? I said, "but I got a letter in the mail" and I read it to her. I need to see if I can escalate to her boss. Did anyone get the second update? Did it help?

Sorry I am not used to this new format and I did not read the in between posts. I will have them do the VA7 and see if it helps my throttle issue and will report back. It is so annoying to me that the Case Manager at FCA was too lazy to look for the fix herself. Thanks all

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well an update after my son's trip 2 week trip from Greenville, SC to Sacramento, CA area to visit my sister and bring a Mini Cooper S back on our 18 ft. open car trailer. This trip began a couple days after our truck came back from the dealer with the AEM completed.

Outbound he went all over the place visiting parks in the winter that he'd hiked in the summer. Often driving in spots that signs suggested winter tires or chains. Somehow he never got stuck on the more than half worn BFG Rugged Terrain tires on our truck. Occasionally he touched base and sent us really cool photos. He returned to SC very early on Sunday morning after a 41 hour, 17 minute, 20 second run back home towing the MINI. (No mom & dad do not condone an essentially nonstop trip like that!)

Kid made no effort what so ever to save fuel. Over the 6200 mile trip, his calculated average fuel economy was 19.0 mpg, with a high tank of 27 and a low of 12.4. Which given his average speed of 63.1 mph for the return trip home, isn't too bad. He reported no drivability issues during the trip and really noted no particular differences on this trip with the AEM and a trip last summer, that included many of the same stops, prior to the AEM. DEF consumption might have been a touch higher, he got the low DEF warning between Memphis and Birmingham on the return having started with DEF probably about 1 gallon shy of full.

I made this same trip when the truck was only 7 months old and still on the OE Goodyear low rolling resistance OE tires, pulling the same trailer and a similar weight car. On that trip making considerable effort to get high fuel economy, and taking a lot longer to get from CA to SC, I averaged 22.1 for the entire trip.

Now that the truck is home I'll get to drive it in my normal treks to work, running about fetching stuff etc. to see how the daily fuel economy is with the AEM. But so far I'd say this latest edition of the AEM isn't the performance ruining disaster that it appears earlier version have been on some folks trucks.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Sorry I am not used to this new format and I did not read the in between posts. I will have them do the VA7 and see if it helps my throttle issue and will report back. It is so annoying to me that the Case Manager at FCA was too lazy to look for the fix herself. Thanks all
read carefully post #55 , the dealers don't see an outstanding recall in any of the regular methods they use ,
only when the truck is hooked up , does the update show on the wi-tech tool ( or whatever official Mopar tool the dealer uses ).
========================
the dealers look for a recall using the methods they usually use and cannot find it , it was described like this ;
It's not a recall according to my dealer, but a rapid response item which will provide a downloadable product to the dealership for performing the VA7.

·
Registered
833 Posts
go back , in this here thread , see post #55 .
It must be a mystery flash. FCA isn’t admitting to it the dealerships are not admitting to it.

Is it on the FCA recall Chart? I don’t see it on their radar.

·
Registered
632 Posts
It must be a mystery flash. FCA isn’t admitting to it the dealerships are not admitting to it.

Is it on the FCA recall Chart? I don’t see it on their radar.

I had it done last week. Works great. Got the pep (what little there was) back!

I'd speak to your favorite service writer.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts