RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
I had it done last week. Works great. Got the pep (what little there was) back!

I'd speak to your favorite service writer.
I know the owner. What was the service write up. I need a club or hammer and I’ll go up there in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,770 Posts

Is it on the FCA recall Chart? I don’t see it on their radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it is not a '' Recall '' in traditional sense ,
, but a '' rapid response item '' which will provide a downloadable product to the dealership for performing the VA7 ,
>> once they hook up a truck <<<<< then new AEM will show
the guy ( or gal ) at the counter will swear there is nothing available ,
but the machine will see that there is something available from the'' mother ship '',
and the service person will be surprised , but will finally know .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Couple questions. I am looking at buying a used 2015 outdoorsman that is originally from Canada, I used Mopar’s website to look at all the recalls that have been done to the truck. There is a V16 which from my research is the AEM update. I’ve read that this has had a negative effect on some peoples trucks performance wise and it seams not so on others. I would be buying from out of state so won’t be able to test drive it until I get out there but am I right in assuming that this V08 is supposed to remedy any issues caused by the AEM? It’s not at a Ram dealer so I can’t find out if it’s had this V08 done. If I buy it should I take to a dealer to have them do it regardless? Or should I not bother at all since I plan to get it tuned anyways?

I’ve also read that FCA Canada had no settlement for their owners on this issue. Since this is a Canadian truck now imported to the US I assume the non settlement still applies?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd stay away from a Canadian truck for sale in the US or the opposite. Neither will cover the other's warranty issues.
It’s a 2015 with 47,000 miles on it, dealer said there is only 4 months left of the Powertrain warranty anyways. I had planned to buy an extended warranty or put the money towards tuning it.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Didn’t we decide that the rebate wasn’t taxable?
.....I don't understand .....
post # 55 , where Muddrow2 said this :
'''' I received the same letter yesterday and called my dealership. They had no idea that there was an update.
.When I arrived to have them check, they said everything was up to date without hooking anything up.
.I asked if the updates were link via the internet, which they are, so I asked them to hook up my 2016 1500,
** and low and behold * there was an update. After the update was complete, the mileage seemed to return to something
.normal and this morning, 25F, i went out for a test drive. ===>> THE LAG WAS GONE.
Waiting to do a full tank mileage check. I'm happy some normalcy has returned. ''''

·
Registered
561 Posts
I had the VA7 done. Lag is gone. Nothing states that VA7 was done though. See attached Invoice and under hood Decal.

Original AEM V08 was done May 2019.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just thought I’d share my experience... After I received the notice from FCA regarding the second update I called my dealership and also emailed them a copy of the notice... had to call them again two weeks later to follow up and they basically said “never heard of it”, nothing we can do for you. So I contacted the legal firm handling the AEM case and they called me back saying that dealers are unaware of the update but they would reach out... After reading through this post I called my dealership back and told the service guy that he needs to hook up the tool to reflash and it will show the update.. long story short took my truck to the dealer and got It back with the update completed... Seems to drive more like it use to... no slow lag. Now I just need to see if I get my fuel economy back...

81 - 92 of 92 Posts