RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I decided to call several Ram dealers in my area to see when they thought they would have some Ecodiesels on the lot. The funny thing is they all told me roughly the same thing.
"We will have two or three on our lot within the next two weeks."
I am hoping this is true. It seems a little strange that they all told me the same thing when all I asked was for a test drive before I order one. (I already have mine on orde)
It would frustrate the heck out of me if the dealers get the pre spec trucks before we get our orders. I placed my order three weeks ago and I just moved to D status last week. I am not expecting my truck tomorrow, but I keep reading claims, from Ram, that the customer orders get priority. I hope that your trucks , and mine, all arive very soon. Expecially those of you in Canada that ordered several months ago.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I understood that 1000 pre-spec trucks were the first off the line and would arrive at selected dealers first so that there would be something for people to test drive. They were also used to tune production and quality. I think it's the dealer spec orders that take a back seat to customer orders. I could be wrong, though.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I understood that 1000 pre-spec trucks were the first off the line and would arrive at selected dealers first so that there would be something for people to test drive. They were also used to tune production and quality. I think it's the dealer spec orders that take a back seat to customer orders. I could be wrong, though.
Yep... sounds right to me.

The pre-spec trucks were built a while ago, and were sitting. I expected to see them 3 weeks ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts