RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had quite the weekend on the ecodiesel, got a little mod happy.

Am within days of saying F it and pulling the trigger on my delete. My buddy that owns a shop is on mycase to get it done, just so worried about any little thing going wrong. cant beleive ive waited almost 10,000kms so far.

Anyways this weekend i found a killer deal on a Sport Performance Hood from a guy on a facebook group that was the same color as my truck, so naturally i HAD TO HAVE It. threw it on as soon as i got home, and IM IN LOVE!!

also debadged all the ram lettering, still left the ecodiesel badging tho.

Smoked out my rear tails to go with the rest of the blackout look.

Next question is, i also picked up a granite sport grill but i think i want to keep mine black since i would only have bumpers blacked out. anyone interested in a paint matched grill in granite crystal?

located by Calgary Alberta Canada.

Resized_20160619_220106.jpg Resized_20160619_220040.jpg Resized_20160619_220052.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts

Am within days of saying F it and pulling the trigger on my delete. My buddy that owns a shop is on mycase to get it done, just so worried about any little thing going wrong. cant beleive ive waited almost 10,000kms so far.
I'm in the same boat. I want the GDE tune, but I'm scared of voiding the warranty! I bought the extended warranty (5yr / 100,000km). On the flip side, I want this truck to last a long time, and I think controlling the EGR is an important piece of making that happen!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Dude, the Envy is strong... I want a sport hood in the worst way for my big horn, but they're so f'n expensive :-( .

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in the same boat. I want the GDE tune, but I'm scared of voiding the warranty! I bought the extended warranty (5yr / 100,000km). On the flip side, I want this truck to last a long time, and I think controlling the EGR is an important piece of making that happen!
i didnt opt for ext warranty as i KNEW i was going to delete, i was hoping for an emissions related mishapp but 10k and not a single problem so i havent had much to complain about haha!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude, the Envy is strong... I want a sport hood in the worst way for my big horn, but they're so f'n expensive :-( .
i picked it up for a GREAT price so im super happy with it! Thanks man!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love the hood. I think some Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares would look great on your truck. IMHO
Im trying to find a set of Rebel Take off flares to keep the black them going, i love the look of poke so i want flares but not enough to cover me up!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got hit and needed a new hood... I had the body shop order this one /)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thats awesome. looks great!! functional or not they look deadly!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hey ecodeleto, how much did the hood run you? I know you found a killer deal but I'm curious what a killer deal on one of these hoods is. My truck is Brilliant Black Crystal so I imagine it might be even a bit easier to find then yours was.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey ecodeleto, how much did the hood run you? I know you found a killer deal but I'm curious what a killer deal on one of these hoods is. My truck is Brilliant Black Crystal so I imagine it might be even a bit easier to find then yours was.
It may or may not be to some, but i picked the hood up for a package deal of $700 including a sport paint matched grill, and the seller drove 2 hours to bring it closer to me. so i figure the hood alone was about 500 ish? i think it was a steal

·
Registered
511 Posts
$700 for the hood/grill combo in the exact colour you wanted? Sounds like a good deal to me!

·
Registered
23 Posts

Anyways this weekend i found a killer deal on a Sport Performance Hood from a guy on a facebook group that was the same color as my truck, so naturally i HAD TO HAVE It. threw it on as soon as i got home, and IM IN LOVE!!

also debadged all the ram lettering, still left the ecodiesel badging tho.

Smoked out my rear tails to go with the rest of the blackout look.

Next question is, i also picked up a granite sport grill but i think i want to keep mine black since i would only have bumpers blacked out. anyone interested in a paint matched grill in granite crystal?

located by Calgary Alberta Canada.

View attachment 15687 View attachment 15688 View attachment 15689
truck looks good man!

how much are you asking for the grill?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts